Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marty wins Coach of the year

afparent

Congrats to Marty, I would have voted for Bill Belichick though, but that's just me.

As for being irked because he is having success now........maybe a little, I didn't like the way he got fired, though the Spurrier signing sort of numbed the pain (because I though Spurrier was a good signing at the time, as a lot of folks did).

What's done is done, I wish him nothing but the best except if he ever plays the Redskins.

Originally posted by Chrisbob74

Congrats to Marty, I would have voted for Bill Belichick though, but that's just me.

As for being irked because he is having success now........maybe a little, I didn't like the way he got fired, though the Spurrier signing sort of numbed the pain (because I though Spurrier was a good signing at the time, as a lot of folks did).

What's done is done, I wish him nothing but the best except if he ever plays the Redskins.

well said. I didn't want to fire Marty that year either until I found out Spurrier was waiting in the wings. But it paved the way for Joe to come back.

Nicealot, I have no animosity towards Marty and I do think he desrved the award this year. I'm just sick of the people that that act like we'd be a perreniel playoff team had he still been here.

Actually, its kind of ironic that Marty kind of modernized his offensive philosophy and is now having success, which what we are all anticipating Joe Gibbs is doing.

It doesnt hurt either, but we were on a good track under Marty, just he fell out of favor with Snyder. Marty wanted a qb in the offseason, so we may have still gotten Ramsey, and some wide receiver to complement him. However, i dont think we'd have as many big contract players, which could be both good or bad. Wasnt our defense a top 5 defense that year too?

Originally posted by Mr. S

It doesnt hurt either, but we were on a good track under Marty, just he fell out of favor with Snyder. Marty wanted a qb in the offseason, so we may have still gotten Ramsey, and some wide receiver to complement him. However, i dont think we'd have as many big contract players, which could be both good or bad. Wasnt our defense a top 5 defense that year too?

our defense definately wasn't top 5.

And I guess no one remembers that Marty was trying to lock Tony Banks up in a long term contract before the end of the regular season (before the Denver game, I think), but strangely, Banks didn't want to negotiate a contract during the season.

He was also trying to run Darrell Green out of here.

Archived