Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shaun Ellis

Dirk Diggler

How would you guys feel about trading for the disgruntled Jet Defensive End? He's only 24 and seems to be miscast in the Jets 1 gap defense. They keep trying to convert him to a DT but he has resisted this option. You all know we need a youngster to groom. How bout a #3 and 6 next year? Thoughts?

I would trade a #2 next year for Shaun Ellis, in order to get value, as he was a #1 draft choice. I dont think the Jets would make the deal for anything less. Of course that would almost automatically mean that Marco Coleman would have to be cut for sure. What with another high priced DE on the roster. Although actually he probably doesnt have a high salary now, because the Jets have already absorbed his signing bonus.

As I recall, Ellis had about 6 sacks or so last year, but I think he has greater potential then that as a pass rusher.

In fact Ellis said before the draft that he thought he might get traded, because the coaching staff was upset with him, after his effort in the Raiders playoff game. :D

Originally posted by redman

We need Joe Klecko more than Shaun Ellis. Let's make sure that we can't get a legit DT before we sign Ellis - who we know resists playing DT - and ensure that Wynn will be yet another undersized DT for us.

I'm with you. Not in a gay way. I just agree with you.

We have 3 DEs that can start. We need a DT who'll be more than a speed bump.

hey, whatever happened to Alonzo Spellman and Dimitrius Underwood who some Dallas fans thought were going to be starting tackles for Dallas for 5-7 years :laugh:

what really breaks me up is Dallas was 5-11 last year while the Redskins were 8-8.

go back and check out the records in 2000 and 1999 as well.

Dallas has been looking UP at the Redskins in the standings for the past several years. :)

And the fact the Redskins themselves have been mediocre for most of that time (outside of 10-6 in 1999) only magnifies that reality, my friend.

you have had to hold a clothespin to your nose when watching the Cowboys most of the time.

even with the Skins spotting you guys two games a season you still haven't been able to catch up and avoid the cellar the past 2 seasons.

I agree Dallas will be better this season than 5-11 but don't overplay your hand.

Even with Glover and Hardy aboard the Redskins still have more impact players on their defense right now than Dallas does.

and younger ones for the most part. :)

Originally posted by bulldog

hey, whatever happened to Alonzo Spellman and Dimitrius Underwood who some Dallas fans thought were going to be starting tackles for Dallas for 5-7 years :laugh:

Alonzo Spellman forgot to take his medication, so we had to let him go.

Minnesota called, and Denny Green wanted a 1st round pick back for Underwood. So we had to let him go too.

Eddie

Archived