Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaVar-Defensive End?Redskins-Playoffs?

joeoconnor

Top of the mornin' to all you fellow skins fans!

I'm a devoted skins fan from ireland,and it feels good to be a part of this forum!

OK,down to business.

First up,do you guys think gibbsy is seriously considering using arrington at DE even when he gets fit?He is quoted as saying that the current crop of starting linebackers,washington,marshall and pierce are possibly the best group he has ever worked with,high praise indeed,and although i,as much as anyone else,would love to see LaVar back in at outside linebacker making the same big plays,is it a case of team needs come first?I think anyone here would agree our linebackers have been FLAWLESS all season,and our biggest team need on defense is a pass-rushing defensive end,and i believe LaVar is talented enough to adjust to this role and continue to be our biggest player on defense.After all,we have too much work to be done on the offense to be drafting a DE early.Gibbsy's decision in the end,of course.

Secondly is it true that we hold the tie-breaker on ALL the teams on 6-8 and 5-0 apart from the giants?If so,how the hell do we?Anyhow,it means playoffs are still possible,and even though it remains unlikely,it feels great to be 5-9 and still ALIVE!

Post in with your replies and comments.

HAIL SKINS!:notworthy

New Orleans lose to Atlanta.

Carolina lose to Tampa Bay.

St Louis lose to Philadelphia.(Yes-we really do have to support them...)

NY Giants lose to Cincinnati.

And obviously,Washington BEATS Dallas!

SKINS GO INTO VIKES GAME KNOWING A WIN WILL PUT US IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

:point2sky

chiefhogskin48,I have seen two 'Skins games live this season,the Buccs game and the Niners game.Two wins also,a bonus!I just get to watch the games which my network chooses during the regular season,but i can see any playoff game i want,so fingers crossed...It is easy to follow the team though,get lots of live updates,then the scores of the game,followed by extended action...Not bad really.And im arranging to get live radio for next season.

Gibbsy-why not?Hes that kind of guy you just relate to straight away,so ive got into the habit of calling him that,but hey,im cool with Mr.Gibbs!

And what about Co.Cork,I'm from Co.Roscommon,by the way,if you didnt take a look at the bottom of my thread...

Good point DonMagicJuan,Marshall i would see as being versatile anyhow,keep coming with the good stuff...!

Originally posted by joeoconnor

Top of the mornin' to all you fellow skins fans!

I'm a devoted skins fan from ireland,and it feels good to be a part of this forum!

OK,down to business.

First up,do you guys think gibbsy is seriously considering using arrington at DE even when he gets fit?He is quoted as saying that the current crop of starting linebackers,washington,marshall and pierce are possibly the best group he has ever worked with,high praise indeed,and although i,as much as anyone else,would love to see LaVar back in at outside linebacker making the same big plays,is it a case of team needs come first?I think anyone here would agree our linebackers have been FLAWLESS all season,and our biggest team need on defense is a pass-rushing defensive end,and i believe LaVar is talented enough to adjust to this role and continue to be our biggest player on defense.After all,we have too much work to be done on the offense to be drafting a DE early.Gibbsy's decision in the end,of course.

Secondly is it true that we hold the tie-breaker on ALL the teams on 6-8 and 5-0 apart from the giants?If so,how the hell do we?Anyhow,it means playoffs are still possible,and even though it remains unlikely,it feels great to be 5-9 and still ALIVE!

Post in with your replies and comments.

HAIL SKINS!:notworthy

New Orleans lose to Atlanta.

Carolina lose to Tampa Bay.

St Louis lose to Philadelphia.(Yes-we really do have to support them...)

NY Giants lose to Cincinnati.

And obviously,Washington BEATS Dallas!

SKINS GO INTO VIKES GAME KNOWING A WIN WILL PUT US IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

:point2sky

I just don't see Lavar as a DE full time.. and besides, Lavar is still a significant upgrade to Lemar.. Not to say that Lemar has played back, but you want Lavar back there, staring down your quarterback, your running back.. I don't think he'd be nearly as effective as a DE, but I could be wrong..

Archived