Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Broncos on the wrong side of a blowout

SkinsNatsFan

Originally posted by kappaluvacee

As much as I would like to blast Bailey for finally showing the world he is less of a player than he thinks he is, I have to admit the NFL rules are making it almost impossible for him to do his job. The stupid contact rule isn't being enforced correctly; they are going to have to revisit that thing. If the are not going to call offensive interference more often, that rule emphasis is only going to further handicap DB's. It makes me even more appreciative of Springs, but look at all the bad calls against Smoot for IC. It's just awful. Darrell Green would look average under these rules.going to further handicap DB's. It makes me even more prreciative of Springs, but look at all the bad calls against smoot for IC. It's just awful. Darrell Green would look average under these rules.

I totally agree with this, I hate the Ravens, but they really got hosed on some calls last night.

I am starting to think there is no way a team will beat the Colts in the playoffs, not with the contact rule being enforced the way it is.

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

You can't "dump players" overnight, after you have given them $15-20 million signing bonuses! The cap hit would be ridiculous. :doh:

We can't even dump Brunell next year and we only gave him $8.6 million. :rolleyes:

after this year, yeah. BUt in a couple years, his bonus amount would be down enough where they could make a move. If he's still crap in two years, they have to dump him or the cap hits will sink them.

As I've said before, the "shut down corner" is a myth. It doesn't exist and it's never existed. Nobody can cover one side of the field by themselves. Not Champ Bailey, not Ty Law, not Atoine Winfield, not Shawn Springs, not Terrence Newman, not Lester Hayes, not Mike Haynes, not Darrell Green, not even Deion in his prime.

Back then, it appeared Sanders was doing it because nobody would throw that way. It wasn't because he had blanket coverage on every play, it was because if he happened to intercept a pass, there was a pretty good chance he was going to score. Coordinators didn't want to gamble. Of course his coverage was usually pretty good too.

Bailey is not even close at this point. He's regressed every year for the last 3 years.

Archived