Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possible offensive lineup next season

dfbovey

Originally posted by dfbovey

QB - Patrick Ramsey

HB - Clinton Portis

H-back - Chris Cooley

TE - Anthony Becht (Aquire from the Jets)

WR - Laverneus Coles

WR - Mike Williams (First round draft choice)

LT - Chris Samuels (restructured deal)

LG - Derrick Dockery (give him time to develop)

C - Hmmmmmmmmm.... gotta think on this one

RG - Randy Thomas

RT - Jon Jansen (Back from injury)

I agree with everything except for Mike Williams.. We'll see Porter in that role before williams I'm affraid, but he's not to shabby either. There are some other good WR's in the draft coming up too.. This draft class though isn't that great, this is the perfect year to concentrate on DLINE and OLINE issues. and fill our weapon's roles via FA.

However we do need that short yardage back and as well as he's been doing lately, Betts isn't it =(.. Cartwright, if he puts some weight back on is pretty damn good in that roll.. OR we work with Cooley on running the ball.. A constant double threat out of the backfield in the making perhaps..

Have Portis and Cooley in the back field on most plays? pfft the defense won't know what to do, they won't know who's getting the ball.. That will also open up a lot of things for portis as well as the passing game. If we can make Cooley a short to mid yardage threat coming out of the back field.. I've never seen him run so I dunno how well he'd be able to do.. In any even something along those lines would be awesome..

OH! and more spread formations.. 3 and 4 Wide receiver sets..

Coles, Our New WR, McCants, Jacobs, and either portis or cooley out of the backfield. Give PR more options. We should always have atleast one quick slant route incase they blitz. To Give PR someone to unload it on quickly..

That and possibly add a shot gun.

D Mac actually being used cures the need for a WR, gibbs has to get over the practice always equals what happens on the field mindset.

A Healthy jansen , a mauler at center the incorporation of deep passes while tearing out some of the 3 TE passing packages would be a start.

Archived