Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

EA Enters into Exclusive Agreements with NFL and PLAYERS INC

RAC

Originally posted by DSF

Please.. Its called profit.. If the consumer really doesnt like the game, then dont buy it. If enough consumers dont purchase the game, dont think for one minute EA won't alter their approach. They just spent what I can only imagine as a horde of money, why would they slack now? They need to make up the costs they just spent on this agreement through revenue.

There will always be competition for EA. Rather it be primary or secondary competitors. That coupled with the fact that EA is also invested in the NBA and NHL segment which they dont control and could lose revenue in if people perceive EA becoming a poor product. The consumer has the bottom line as to if they want to purchase this or not, and if not I guarantee there will be alternatives that EA cant control. So relax, it'll be fine. :cheers:

Not to mention that in the video game industry, demand for popular features, options, ect. is very common. The day that EA puts out an inferior product is the day I will stop playing. IMO, it looks like I will be playing for a good while....

I'm a franchise mode player, and I prefer Madden to ESPN in that count. But I HATE this deal. Madden 2005 shows us that EA has basically stagnated in terms of their creative ability (2004 was a better game, in my opinion), and this will only enable them to do less and charge more.

BD

who knows what will happen now? Maybe part of the agreement includes a certain amount of improvements. then what? It comes out next summer and its just that much better.

Who will really be mad then?

The people who would hate it, no matter what. That's who.

Everybody else will buy and enjoy it.

I enjoy the current version and feel pretty confident that next years will be just fine.

What the heck are you talking about? You just got kicked in the balls just as hard as everyone else. The quality of the game you love is about to go in the crapper and so is the money in your wallet. Get ready to pay through the nose if you want to play online; they already require your credit card information after all-- what's to stop them?

And what's to stop them now from seeking similar deals with MLB, the NBA, the NCAA, and the NHL? That would basically kill the golden age of sports videogaming we are now experiencing. That's a scary, scary thought.

Even if I were pro-Madden I would be seriously considering never purchasing another EA product again. They need to know that people are upset with this turn of events. They have shown in the past that they will not make innovation a priority unless they are pushed. If paying more for less quality is what you actually want, congratulations. It's your birthday.

Originally posted by ghetto-smoove

Dont get your hopes up Booma..espn football is dead !!!

MADDEN FOREVER BABY !!!!!

:cheers:

Originally posted by codeorama

I'm not a Sega defender, I generally prefer EA games, however, let me ask a question, in real life, are players able to turn instantly on a dime?

No, they are not. That's the problem with Madden IMO, the players react TOO fast, it's not realistic. EA fixed that in it's baseball game, the players had to realistically slow down and change momentum before they could make move, in short, the players reacted as a real living person would, not as a pixel on a tv screen moving like a UFO. Defenders should not be able to change direction like they do on Madden, it's not realistic and takes away from realistic game play.

Sorry Code..but you must havent played Madden 2005, because the players DONT STOP on a dime...they curve there hips a little like in real life

Originally posted by Son of Sniglet

who knows what will happen now? Maybe part of the agreement includes a certain amount of improvements. then what? It comes out next summer and its just that much better.

I enjoy the current version and feel pretty confident that next years will be just fine.

:cheers:

Thats exactly what Ive been trying to tell these people

Originally posted by TheBandit

What the heck are you talking about? You just got kicked in the balls just as hard as everyone else. The quality of the game you love is about to go in the crapper and so is the money in your wallet. Get ready to pay through the nose if you want to play online; they already require your credit card information after all-- what's to stop them?

And what's to stop them now from seeking similar deals with MLB, the NBA, the NCAA, and the NHL? That would basically kill the golden age of sports videogaming we are now experiencing. That's a scary, scary thought.

Even if I were pro-Madden I would be seriously considering never purchasing another EA product again. They need to know that people are upset with this turn of events. They have shown in the past that they will not make innovation a priority unless they are pushed. If paying more for less quality is what you actually want, congratulations. It's your birthday.

What makes you so sure Bandit ??? Are you in the EA meetings ?? I dont think so. So you dont know that for sure, you are assuming. Im not upset about it because I love everything about Madden...graphics and gameplay. The only thing they need to touch up is the commentary because it is a little dry.

Once again, Im not the one to think that EA will just slack off because of these turn of events. I think they will be BETTER

Once again, Im not the one to think that EA will just slack off because of these turn of events. I think they will be BETTER

Exactly. EA is going to have more to live up to than the Sega game now. They have to live up to their own name. This coming madden is going to be the most scrutinized Madden ever! If they slack off just a little bit it could hurt them in the long run because i'm sure they're paying an astronomical amount of money for this exclusive deal.

Dude.... you the THE BEST sig pics ever. Hands down.

Catatafish lives in the stomaaaaach.....

I turn on a CD when playing Madden. No need to hear what those jerks are talking about.

"Big time players make big time plays....and that guy is a big play guy"

things I would change

1. If a guy goes out of bounds, he can't come in an catch the ball...... or be the 1st guy to tackle you. It happens all the time, especially in the endzone, the computer guy always go out of bounds.

2. More personal fouls. I know i'd get flagged more, but hopefully the computer would also.

3. Let you dig through all the existing playbooks, take what you like and create your own. Designing your play is nice, but if its already in another teams playbook...just copy it.

4. Better trading.....more teams come to you for guys that are busting out.

5. Have a practice squad where you can stash players for chep....you'll need them when somebody goes down.

6. Weight room option. Take a guy into the weight room and design his program.... then see the results. Or, just continue to hire somebody to train your guys. Either way, the option would be nice. I'd like to take Cooley into the gym and work him out like crazy....stuff like that.

that's all for now.

dumb

I turn on a CD when playing Madden. No need to hear what those jerks are talking about.

"Big time players make big time plays....and that guy is a big play guy"

things I would change

1. If a guy goes out of bounds, he can't come in an catch the ball...... or be the 1st guy to tackle you. It happens all the time, especially in the endzone, the computer guy always go out of bounds.

2. More personal fouls. I know i'd get flagged more, but hopefully the computer would also.

3. Let you dig through all the existing playbooks, take what you like and create your own. Designing your play is nice, but if its already in another teams playbook...just copy it.

4. Better trading.....more teams come to you for guys that are busting out.

5. Have a practice squad where you can stash players for chep....you'll need them when somebody goes down.

6. Weight room option. Take a guy into the weight room and design his program.... then see the results. Or, just continue to hire somebody to train your guys. Either way, the option would be nice. I'd like to take Cooley into the gym and work him out like crazy....stuff like that.

that's all for now.

dumb

Son of Sig.....

You can do #3 on your list. I have a playbook with plays from every team playbook. Just go to "create new playbook/offense" and start from there !!!

I don't see where everybody is getting this "quality of Madden is going to suck now" assertion from. I mean, Madden is just a re-release and update every year. They probably have 2006 near complete or even done as we speak. Even if they take the one that is in circulation now and slap a 2006 label on it and update the players, change the menus, music, ect. People will still buy it, me included. Believe it or not, thats basically what they ACTUALLY do.

My point is that if they keep the core gameplay of Madden exactly like it is and has been for years and continue to build on it, then there is no way in hell the quality of Madden goes down. And all this is besides the point that EA sports gets their new features from the obvious standouts and trends from the ACTUAL NFL season prior to the release of the latest franchise product.

Sorry Code..but you must havent played Madden 2005, because the players DONT STOP on a dime...they curve there hips a little like in real life

I played 05, I actually took off work the day it came out. Compared to ESPN football, the players moved instantly, whereas ESPN players had more of a hesitation, like a real athlete would have... However, ESPN also had the annoying ice skating routine as well, which sucked...:doh:

In Madden, defenders are able to react to passes that they should not be able to react to as well, it's like they have eyes in the back of their head.

If EA could fix those 2 things, I would be in video game heaven.

They can only do that for one more year, since moving to new platforms will require them to build a brand new engine.

As far as the current engine goes, yeah it's fine, but it could always be better. And there is now zero incentive for creativity. That's why you lose here-- instead of getting closer and closer to theperfect game, you get the same game every year. Ick.

Originally posted by cfujskins

I don't see where everybody is getting this "quality of Madden is going to suck now" assertion from. I mean, Madden is just a re-release and update every year. They probably have 2006 near complete or even done as we speak. Even if they take the one that is in circulation now and slap a 2006 label on it and update the players, change the menus, music, ect. People will still buy it, me included. Believe it or not, thats basically what they ACTUALLY do.

My point is that if they keep the core gameplay of Madden exactly like it is and has been for years and continue to build on it, then there is no way in hell the quality of Madden goes down. And all this is besides the point that EA sports gets their new features from the obvious standouts and trends from the ACTUAL NFL season prior to the release of the latest franchise product.

Archived