Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How far do you think Indy can go?

Thinking Skins

I watched the game yesterday, and I've been watching for the last 4 or 5 weeks (ever since I got Reggie Wayne on my fantasy team), and no doubt they have offense. But If you look at the scores, they've been able to put up a wide difference between themselves and their opponents. Yesterday was a prime example, where they only allowed Detroit to score 9 points. Now, we could make the argument that its Detroit, but they've been doing similar things against everybody since their loss to Kansas City.

The problems with a team with an air attack like them is the question of how well they'll do in the snow in January. They'll likely be going to Foxboro or Hines Field for a matchup, and that looks kinda scary. Now I doubt that either of these teams can really stop Manning. They'll probably be better at getting pressure on Manning, but there is no way that they can stop Harrison, Wayne and Stokley AND James.

With all the dispute about who's the best team in the league, Pitt or NE, I think that Indy is being undervalued. Their defense has gotten significantly better, currently leading the league in turnover differential, and third in the league in total turnovers created. They're like 12th against the run. Their only problem is against the pass. And its not like they can't stop the opposition, but when you go up by 40 points, the opposition is going to pass a whole lot more. And unless you've got a bunch of Fred Smoot Clones in your secondary, some of those passes are gonna get completed.

Right now, this is my pick to go all the way.

Archived