Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Weird.

Saragoth

You know it's funny, an announcer says quick blurb about play calling last night in passing and now all I'm reading is people blaming things on Gibb's play calling..

If you've even watch a game this year you know that isn't the case. Our receivers have been open, they' just dropped the damn ball all year.. People need to stop latching onto things to blame crap on. You hear a split second phrase on TV and some of you start harping about play calling when most of you have never even played in a football game and wouldn't know good play calling from bad.

Give Gibbs a break he'll take care of business, and it's not his play calling.. It's like this..

PAtrick Ramsey throws it to his dump off man and Portis drops it.. "Oh man that's poor playing calling by Joe Gibbs there"

wth? like it's his fault Ramsey doesn't go deep enough or that people can't catch passes.

Some of you are a little weird ;p

Jeremy

After a loss, fans usually have to rationalize the why. Why did we lose?

Here is who's at fault:

Xxx.

Xxx.

Xxx.

Here is how we solve the problem: etc.

Things will change with time. I'm a firm believer in continuity. I think Gibbs will eventually get it right if we give him time. That's what we have a problem with. Giving coaches time.

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

After a loss, fans usually have to rationalize the why. Why did we lose?

Here is who's at fault:

Xxx.

Xxx.

Xxx.

Here is how we solve the problem: etc.

Things will change with time. I'm a firm believer in continuity. I think Gibbs will eventually get it right if we give him time. That's what we have a problem with. Giving coaches time.

Agreed, just there are so many obvious things wrong with our passing game why on earth anyone would pick up the "Play calling" ball and run with it. It's like parrots repeating what they heard. *sigh*..

But it's fine,, I can wait till next year to be a fan of the Super Bowl champion Redskins. ;p.

*With Drew Breez at QB* lol just kidding ;p

Jeremy

yea but ramsey is dumping it off to portis because gibbs is only running two receivers on routes and only getting it to portis after portis has stayed into block and chips off.

there are only two reasons for this: either our o-line sucks(very possible) or gibbs is to afraid to open it up. and when you have a big armed confident young qb, you gotta open it up for him.

Originally posted by nace14

yea but ramsey is dumping it off to portis because gibbs is only running two receivers on routes and only getting it to portis after portis has stayed into block and chips off.

there are only two reasons for this: either our o-line sucks(very possible) or gibbs is to afraid to open it up. and when you have a big armed confident young qb, you gotta open it up for him.

Yeah but how many times ahve we seen this year only 2 or 3 going out and Brunell or ramsey delivers the ball only for it to be dropped..

During the play we don't see down the field so we can't see who's open..

MAYBE the QB's have lost confidence in their receivers to throw long??

Jeremy

Originally posted by HoGz - For - Life

Yeah but how many times ahve we seen this year only 2 or 3 going out and Brunell or ramsey delivers the ball only for it to be dropped..

During the play we don't see down the field so we can't see who's open..

MAYBE the QB's have lost confidence in their receivers to throw long??

Jeremy

well it's pretty tough to get open when defenses know that they can match up in man with two safties helping over top. and then when you don't run a single crossing route all day, lb's can get deeper drops and take away all the hooks that gibbs is calling. throw in one lb to spy portis cause ramsey's mobility isn't anything to be afraid of and what do you have? a three yard dropped dump off on third and 8.

Well, I thought the playcalling was suspect last week, and I was sitting in the stands at FedEx with no announcers whispering things in my ear. So I would dispute the notion that all of the criticism is simple parrotting of the announcer's comments.

It really did not take a genius to see that we were overworking the WR screens yesterday. The Eagles were really jumping on this play by the end, and it's surprising that didn't run an INT back for a TD. They were close on a few.

And I didn't need an announcer to tell me that we abandoned the run AGAIN way too soon.

I agree that a lot of people do do that. ie: "Bowen takes bad angles" was said just because Bowen did it ONCE in the Miami game last year and it was said by Theismann. - Therefore I guess we can all start saying now that McNabb doesn't know what guy is the center.

Baldinger is an ex-Eagle and lives in Philly - he doesn't like the Redskins, and obviously doesn't even know the players as exampled by "Joe Hall" and in the begininng of the game he said that Ramsey hasn't started since last year in Philly, which would have meant he hasn't played since week 4 of last year. - It amazes me how little these guys know, but keep their job year after year.

Archived