Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT says Skins willing to trade 1st round pick for top-notch player. But Who?

According to KFFL and the WT the Skins are also willing to trade their #1 pick for a top-notch player. But in scanning the rosters of other teams, who might be available? We know WR Ike Hilliard and WR Antonio Freeman are available, but I would not give up our #1 pick for those guys. Especially being they will be free agents soon.

So who else might be available? Are there any disgruntled DT's out there that we have overlooked and are available in a trade?

Comments ........... anyone.

Redskins | Shopping First-round Pick - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)

9:10 PT: The Washington Times reports the Washington Redskins are shopping their first-round pick, No. 18 overall, hoping to gain either a top-notch player or additional draft choices. Vice president of football operations Joe Mendes said there has been a lot of tire kicking so far.

Hmmm. Another article below, where Joe Mendes "strongly hinted that the Skins would trade down" in the 1st round and try to pick up a 3rd round pick in the process. My guess would be the Jets would be our trading partner, in that they traded up a few spots in the 1st round in 2000, giving up a 2nd rounder in the process to draft Shaun Ellis.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/ce/multi/0,1329,5245459_59,00.html

The DTs for Chicago signed last year, so while I don't know the specifics, the acceleration of their signing bonuses against the Bears salary cap would more than likely prohibit them from doing the deal even if they wanted to

Its a deal. :deal: Yeah I would gladly give up our #1 pick for Michael Strahan. But he would have to agree to rework his contract with us first. The problem is I dont know how the Skins could fit his contract under our cap, especially with this Trotter contract pending and other draft choices to sign.

Gee....whats up? Tom [Giants fan] seems kinda down today. :( How are we gonna have a rivalry if the midgets dont come to the party? :party:

Just a thought on trading down with the Raiders who have the #21 and #23 picks in round 1 and #53 and #55 in round 2.

The Raiders really like linebacker Napolean Harris but the Broncos are seriously looking at him swearing they will take the best player available and not draft for need. Given the history between Al Davis and Mike Shanahan, Davis may want to leapfrog Denver in order to get Harris.

We could move down to #21 and pick up #55 in order to give Al Davis what he covets or move down to #23 and pick up #53. Either way it gives us a chance to fill more holes since we don't have a 3rd round pick.

All this is predicated on the Raiders not wanting to give up BOTH 1st rounders in order to move up for one of the top 4 DT's but seeing as the Raiders are getting old and could have cap problems next year, my scenario would make more sense.

Archived