Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Man commits suicide at Ground Zero

Stu

Henry, you're right. I completely forgot about that post. So I apologize and admit I was wrong.

That doesn't mean that the other post wasn't sincere. I reacted to the very politicized nature of the article and his friends reactions.

But I don't really think I'm bashing "half" the spectrum. Only a PORTION of that spectrum. In any event, I had completely forgotten that post, so I'm man enough to admit I was wrong for taking that shot at that time.

After hearing how my girlfriend's friends are oh-so-devastated by this loss and think the "Dark Times" are coming it's really getting hard to find sympathy for people who aren't tough enough to work towards the next election or have SO CONVINCED themselves that Bush or any Republican=Hitler/Palpatine/Franco that this election is the end of light on Earth.

UPDATE:

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/20400.htm

The mystery to his suicide may be contained in a bizarre three-page handwritten farewell letter left behind by Veal in his Honda parked by Ground Zero.

He mentions his conflicting love for Audrey — and another woman named Karen.

"I think I expressed my feelings to Karen with all certainty today," the letter says. "Karen doesn't deserve the turmoil I am sure to put her through . . . [she] reminds me a lot of Audrey."

Doesn't look like this was about the election at all(as I suspected.) So now, who do we point to as the source of this "reason?" Any of his friends crassly exploiting his death or extrapolating that it HAD to do with that since it was so close to the election? Happened with Nick Berg's father.

Archived