Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Nuclear Iran? Your thoughts?

Commander PK

Asking for opinions.

1. Do you believe that Iran is developing Nuclear Power simply for peaceful means, as they claim?

2. If you do believe, or you do not believe, that they are developing Nuclear Power for peaceful means, what course of action should we take, if any?

3. If, through time, it becomes apparent that Iran is NOT developing Nuclear Power for peaceful means, but ultimately intends to build a Nuclear Arsenal; Would you support military action against Iran to stop them from obtaining said arsenal?

Note: When I use the term "course of action" I mean diplomatic, military, sanctions, United Nations, etc.

Your thoughts?

Originally posted by Resurrection

Asking for opinions.

1. Do you believe that Iran is developing Nuclear Power simply for peaceful means, as they claim?

2. If you do believe, or you do not believe, that they are developing Nuclear Power for peaceful means, what course of action should we take, if any?

3. If, through time, it becomes apparent that Iran is NOT developing Nuclear Power for peaceful means, but ultimately intends to build a Nuclear Arsenal; Would you support military action against Iran to stop them from obtaining said arsenal?

Note: When I use the term "course of action" I mean diplomatic, military, sanctions, United Nations, etc.

Your thoughts?

No, they know if they develop nuclear weapons it would make it impossible for the US or anyone to invade and overthrow the Mullahs. It would also cement them as the largest power in the middle east and a counter to Israel. It's too tempting for them...

We can't really do anything like destroy where they are making the weapons. I've read they have several backup nuke programs going at the sametime so it wouldn't stop them. Also, I believe any military intervention would draw other countries into the conflict.

Yes, but that would depend on several things like if they have any nukes and if there would be any military invervention on Iran's behalf from Russia, India, or China.

Archived