Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis, He's Back!

CLiNT0N P0RTiS

Originally posted by ButterfingerPortis

I readily admit that Portis isn't playing a bad game. He's doing quite well and I'm glad.

I just can't stop thinking that the offense would be just as effective or even moreso with Betts in there. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but Betts just runs so damn hard that the defense would get sick of tackling him by the fourth quarter.

Don't look at me as a Portis hater... but rather a Betts fanatic! :D

Judging how good a back does to come in releif is a stupid comparison. Sure Betts looks good fresh coming in for a play or two, and he is a great 2nd string back, but there is just no comparison. Portis is on track to have another 1500 yard season and if he only rushes for say 1300 yards is that so bad? Remember how the cowboys thought hambrick could carry the load bc he looked good coming in relief of smith? well we all saw how good hambrick was getting the full load!

Portis looked better b/cuz Gibbs utulized less pulling and trapping, and allowing Portis to use his quickness to create holes. I've been on my hands and knees begging for Gibbs to use more zone schemes that create natural cutbacks lanes for Portis to exploit.

More slashing/cutting, less counter trey. I think its great for a change of pace, but shouldn't be the staple. Thats more of a play for Betts.

Originally posted by ButterfingerPortis

I looks to me like Betts runs harder and doesn't go down with just a little contact.

If Portis is running better today, I'd give the credit to Gibbs and the rest of the offense. Put Betts in there and he'd be doing just as good.

This is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. Betts couldnt get half the yardage Portis does. Thats just insane.

This whole time it hasnt been Portis's fault, there just havent been holes, today there were SOMETIMES and look was happens.

Betts shouldnt have even made the team.

Archived