Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Baltimore's QB Contain

freakofthesouth

More than once last night, I noticed Baltimore d line doing something incredibly smart and effective.

They took their end that was going up against Chris Samuels, and most likely, sure to lose, and played a 'contain.'

As already mentioned, this lineman would have most likely not had any pressure on Brunell from Samuels' position; Sam has had a great year IMO.

So, by this player simply containing, he forces Brunell to make a decision as the other, less able players on the oline begin to collapse.

Brunell's first instinct? Run to his left, so he can naturally roll out and make a throw on the run. But who's there? A d linemen, completely closing that option off.

Thus, Brunell is forced to scramble to his right, where he has statistically been completely horrible this season.

Brilliant.

Moreover, I would venture to say that many blitzes were devised to keep in mind that Brunell has a propensity to the left side of the field, scrambling, etc.

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

good catch. i'm sure that's something that they looked for.

one thing doesn't add up though, that seems awfully advanced for mike nolan.

haha, jk.

hahaha lmao.

so honestly. is it fair to say that its nolan's personnel that belies the fact that he actually still has a job?

give us a defense in 99 and we might've won a superbowl.

Archived