Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone follow Joe Gibbs Racing Team?

KMP

Now that coach Gibbs is racing full time in NASCAR I can't stop watching the races. With Bobby Labonte leading in Winston Cup points at the half way mark in the season there's plenty to be excited about. Even Tony Stewart is having another good year, this his second in NASCAR. Joe's even got his boys, Coy and J.D., racing in the Busch and Truck series.

I love Joe Gibbs just as much as any die hard Skins fan... and I've seriously tried to give car racing a shot (even went to the local tracks one summer). I just don't understand the appeal... I really don't.

So do me a favor... do us all a favor. Keep us posted on the results. I may not enjoy watching it... but I do enjoy hearing Gibbs' good fortune. smile.gif

The NASCAR Winston Cup Series moves on to Daytona for the Pepsi 400 this Saturday night. Bobby Labonte holds a 67 point lead over 7 time NASCAR Winston Cup Champion Dale Earnhart at this the half way mark of the 2000 season. Daytona is one of the fastest tracks on the circuit and Bobby usually runs well on the superspeedways. I'll keep you informed on all Joe Gibbs Racing Team happenings.

Joe and the boys have done an outstanding job this season so far. Every week I like Tony more and more. I'm a major motor head, and love to talk racing. Drop me a line after a race if you like with your thoughts on it. CART is my favorite series, but I follow NASCAR fairly closely.

Die Hard, I sugjest trying a road race. You may find it more intrusting. CART runs at Cleveland on sunday at 1:00 PM, and always has a lot of action. It's a temporeary road course on the runways of the Burk Lakefront Airport.It's one of the toughest places to race, due to the lack of camber in the turns, and very few referance points to use. I highley recomend it.

Sorry it has taken me a short while to get this board bask up to date on Joe Gibbs Racing Team. Last Saturnday night the NASCAR Winston Cup series ran the Pepsi 400 on restrictor plate superspeedway Daytona International.

Tony Stewart ran hard all night long predominantly in 2nd place but a late yellow flag with just a few laps to the finish forced the leaders into the pits where Tony came out late for a 6th place finish.

Boby Labonte held onto his season points lead over Dale Earnhardt and Dale Jarrett but the margin is closing. Bobby never got into the lead pack of cars and woulnd up finishing 12th.

Next Sunday it's onto New Hampshire.

I think what killed Tony was not having a fast drafting partner. In the last laps he couldn't hook up with an equal car to draft with. His car looked neutral to me ( could drive any line he wanted), and had a good engine.

NHIS is a tough place to race,so expect a lot of carnage this week,with no injuries hopefully.

Pete, glad to find another racing fan here. I agree New Hampshire will be ugly. Adam Petty's dad Kyle is still too distraught to race at the site where Adam was tragicaly killed. I for one am keeping my fingers crossed this week.

Hopefully the Joe Gibbs Racing Team can pad the lead for Bobby and put Tony into contention as well.

Hey guys, I've been following NASCAR for a couple of years, just for the different "pools" in my area. There's a site at Sandbox.com that we all might be interested in next year just for the competition between us " Redskins Fans ". Something else to talk about, other than cap problems and such. smile.gif We can start our own little group. I'm sure some of you guys are familiar with what i'm talking about.

I am sorry to report NASCAR Winston Cup driver Kenny Irwin was killed today while practicing for this weekend's race at New Hampshire International Speedway. Irwin was killed just a few yards from where young Adam Petty was killed in turn 4 last May 12. Irwin was considered a rising star among the Winston Cup Series drivers winning Rookie of the Year honors in 1998.

Kenny Irwin, dead at the age of 30.

Archived