Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Post game show

illone

Amazing, somehow I have the 2 hour post-game show with player interviews and Joe Gibbs press conference and all. (BTW I am in Arizona:laugh:)

This is great, watching it now. They just interviewed Byner and Smoot. Byner seemed very confident that we just made some stupid mistakes and that all will be fixed in practice this week.

Smoot said basically the same thing, that we just need to tighten up as a team, but that he is confident in the defense and coaches.

**Interestingly enough, taking a look at the game stats here for Warner as opposed to last week, he was 18/28 attempts last week, vs 22/33 this week, so really a very close performance for Warner except for the touchdown. Point being, our D played great today.

Joe Gibbs is on now, saying that the loss is a learning experience for us as a team, and that he takes responsibility right along with the players. This is gut check time for us and we'll see how we respond. (side note, may check Redskins.com to see if post game comments are posted as of yet)

I'll summarize the other player interviews if you guys want me to.

I'm talking to myself here, but anyways Portis just talked he was a bit testy. Said the difference between the Redskins now and the Redskins pre-Joe Gibbs is the fact that we have a will to win and we will never give up in a game. Lat year at this time with 7 turnover, the skins give up and admit defeat. He said this team never gave up, and that we never will.

I know - I'm in south Florida and thanks to DirecTV I get the MidAtlantic Comcast Sports Net and get to watch the hometown post game show. It's sweet. Watching Gibbs post game press conference in its entirety and the player interviews after the game. It's almost as good as living back up there in MD.

Yeah, I'm amazed I get that on Comcast with DirecTv.

Don Warren is pissed. I think he's ready to pop Chick Hearn, who is hosting the show, sometimes.

Gibbs was having a hard time getting out the words in giving credit to the gints. He seemed utterly amazed at how many turnovers and mistakes there were. I guess he didn't watch us play last year :laugh:

Gibbs says he's hoping there are a lot of lessons to get from this game. He really does not say much until he can gets to review the game tapes.

I'm in portland BTW...:laugh:

Originally posted by spanishomelette

He seemed utterly amazed at how many turnovers and mistakes there were. I guess he didn't watch us play last year :laugh:

I'm in portland BTW...:laugh:

:laugh: Yea, Gibbs said he'd never seen that many mistakes in a football game, EVER.

Originally posted by spanishomelette

Yeah, I'm amazed I get that on Comcast with DirecTv.

Don Warren is pissed. I think he's ready to pop Chick Hearn, who is hosting the show, sometimes.

Especially today when he graded the linebackers a 'C' and Ken Harvey and Warren gave them a B. They both looked like they were annoyed to be with someone who hadn't played before. Warren still seems like he is a player - he gives great insight.

Whoever the female reporter is actually seems reasonably intelligent and seems to know what she is talking about. MNF - take note!

Brunell interviewed, but he was on his way out to get in the bus... Didn't say anything we haven't heard yet, just turnovers and what not killed us. Gotta make better decisions and play consistent football. He seemed tired and beat up, not willing to say much.

LA up next!!

Originally posted by GatorEye

Especially today when he graded the linebackers a 'C' and Ken Harvey and Warren gave them a B. They both looked like they were annoyed to be with someone who hadn't played before. Warren still seems like he is a player - he gives great insight.

Whoever the female reporter is actually seems reasonably intelligent and seems to know what she is talking about. MNF - take note!

Kelli Johnson...She goes onto the field for an interview, then down to the lockerroom for an interview, then she's out in the parking lot for one, then back in the lockerroom. That girl gets around.

Im impressed with Lavar's coments. he said all the mistakes are something we can learn from and become a better team because of those mistakes.

He is starting to show signs of a team leader. He also said that for us to commit 7 turnovers and still have opportunities to win the game says alot about our heart. Mistakes can be fixed. We have heart and we'll make it right.

Originally posted by Sea Bass

The Giants did about the same passing against the Skins as the Eagles.

The difference was their running game put up 62 yards against the Skins and 170 against the Eagles.

If the Giants had a FG Kicker too the game wouldhave been out of hand as well.

Look at the other side of the ball though. Eagles torched the giants d. That same D that was picking up fumbles and interceptions at will.

Archived