Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Metro to FED EX

herrmag

Has anyone ever tried taking the metro to Fed EX and catching the shuttle? If so, how did it work out? Just curious b/cuz I don't have a parking pass and getting back to my car last Sunday was a horrible experience that I pray I will never have to go through again.

Originally posted by Brooklynskinsfan

yea i did it worked out pretty well the lines are huge but they move prety fast u can take the blue or the orange lines

o and the bus from the stations cost 5 dollars per person those were the lines u had to wait in

Thanks for the info. $5.00 for the shuttle sure as hell beats $25 for parking. Does anyone have any specific info. concerning what the name of the shuttle is, what time it starts running, etc.? Is it just simply a metro bus line that runs past the stadium?

I use it all the time. Depending on when you go dictates how long the line is. I usually leave around 10 for a 1:00 game. Get to Landover station at 11:00 and get right on the bus. Pretty conveinent if you ask me

The shuttles are metro buses contracted only for the game. Just follow everyone else. It picks you up right outside the station. Depending on what time, there could be a long line. It will say FEDEX on the front. Only people going to the games get on it. There are no other stops. Non stop to FEDEX.

From Redskins.com

Public Transportation Schedule

Want to avoid the hassle of driving? Then hop on the Metro. Just take the Orange Line to the Landover Metro station or the Blue Line to the Addison Road Metro station. From these stations, you can take a shuttle bus directly to FedExField. Buses travel to and from the stadium approximately every 15 minutes. During regular season games, buses begin their service two hours before gametime and the last bus after the game departs Lot B2 two hours following the game. For Monday night games, the shuttle service runs from 5 p.m. until 1 a.m. A roundtrip bus fare costs $5.00; however, this price is subject to change without notice.

Originally posted by herrmag

I guess this whole Metro thing is null and void for the MNF game against the cowgirls since the metro closes at 12am on Sundays, right?

They play the cowgirls on Monday Night!

For Monday night games, the shuttle service runs from 5 p.m. until 1 a.m. A roundtrip bus fare costs $5.00; however, this price is subject to change without notice.

Plus they keep it open for overtime and Sunday Night Games!

Originally posted by afparent

They play the cowgirls on Monday Night!

For Monday night games, the shuttle service runs from 5 p.m. until 1 a.m. A roundtrip bus fare costs $5.00; however, this price is subject to change without notice.

Plus they keep it open for overtime and Sunday Night Games!

Duh! :doh1: What I meant is they play Monday, and the Metro closes at the same time as Sunday: Midnight. But, if they keep the metro open later, that solves the problem. Thanks AF!

The one beef I have with the shuttle bus system is the way it's set up on the way out, after a game. It's a complete madhouse. You've got people coming from all different directions pushing and shoving just to get on the bus. If they'd set up some sort of fence, it would be a heck of a lot better, IMHO. Plus, it might keep somebody from getting run over by a bus some day.

Originally posted by RicRod

Did anyone else hear that they are building a metro stop near FedEx next year? Maybe I was dreaming that...

I heard it was going to stop near that housing area next to the stadium and across the Beltway where the Cap Centre use to be. I think it will still be quite a walk though.

Originally posted by afparent

I heard it was going to stop near that housing area next to the stadium and across the Beltway where the Cap Centre use to be. I think it will still be quite a walk though.

Will that mean the Redskins will allow you to walk to the stadium? or will you have to buy a walking pass for $10?:doh:

Archived