Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton left, right, and up the middle...

Dirk Diggler

Only 2 teams have run the ball more than they've passed in the preseason: Pittsburg and Washington.

Obviously, both teams are looking to get back to their roots. But in the case of Washinton, I think they have their eye on the first 2 games of the season in particular.

I'm sure the TB pass rush scares the bejesus out of Gibbs. I woudln't be surprised if he ran it 40+ times this Sunday. In the case of the Giants, it just comes down to them being soft up the middle.

I don't believe that you'll see too much unveiled in terms of the passing game until Week 3 against Dallas. The Cowboys are pretty tight against the run but oh those DBs ;)

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

Only 2 teams have run the ball more than they've passed in the preseason: Pittsburg and Washington.

Obviously, both teams are looking to get back to their roots. But in the case of Washinton, I think they have their eye on the first 2 games of the season in particular.

I'm sure the TB pass rush scares the bejesus out of Gibbs. I woudln't be surprised if he ran it 40+ times this Sunday. In the case of the Giants, it just comes down to them being soft up the middle.

I don't believe that you'll see too much unveiled in terms of the passing game until Week 3 against Dallas. The Cowboys are pretty tight against the run but oh those DBs ;)

I think you might be on to something.

I was also thinking that Gibbs was setting the stage to trick some of the earlier defenses with his play calling in the Atlanta game. Especially the Gardner reverse.

Funny, but I was thinking the opposite. I was thinking that Gibbs has shown the running game all preseason long in order to build on his already huge run-first reputation in order to sucker TB. I am not willing to bet on it but I would not be surprised if the first play from scrimage for our offense is to air out to LC just to see if we get a quick one while the world is looking for Portis to get the carry.

Bucs play alot of zone. Their secondary isnt that great in coverage. The Bucs defense is based on their front 7. I expect Gibbs to exploit that. I expect run plays that will force the bucs to over pursue with their speed and run up the middle on them. All in all I expect more passing than running. I can't wait for this game to come on!! This is gonna be great. Pre-season was just a teaser. Now you will see the real Gibbs offense with all the motion, sweeps (Portis), etc.......

I expect that Gibbs will start off running the ball to see how our O line compares to their D line. If we can handle their front 4 and make them creep their LB’s or S from cover 2, we can beat them with our passing game, but that’s a big if. That D line is a monster, with or without Sapp. Here is where we may really feel the effect of Jon Jansen being gone for the year :(

Ig,

Preseason games are not like regular games. Teams don't run out the clock. They work on things. And they are usually passing in the 4th qtr. with or without the lead.

If they are running towards the end it's because they want to work on running or see about a certain player.

On RARE occasions, you'll see teams play in the 4th qtr like it is a real game. These are coaches who are just desperate to win in order to build confidence - i.e. San Diego or Arizona.

Archived