Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guess Who Has the same record as the Redskins?

RySkins

Yup, you guessed it! the destined for greatness, media-darling Tampa Bay Buccaneers!

Its good to see Brad Johnson is still lofting interceptions when his team has a chance to drive down the field and win the game!

And wasn't it great seeing that short piece of crap Grammatica miss that field goal? No celebrations for you this week!

I usually watch the Sunday games at a sports bar with a bunch of Tampa Bay fans - I made sure I reminded them of our similar recordsbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Actually, Brad played pretty well in today's game, as did MeShawn. Tampa's vaunted defense should take the blame for this loss.

------------------

If you can't be good, be good at it.

what does seem to strike me is that when Brad Johnson has low expectations as he did in 1996 with Minnesota and 1999 with the Redskins (after the Skins were 6-10 in '98) he does very well and the team responds.

When there are high expectations, he tends to wilt under the pressure of performing in the clutch, in the fourth quarter of games. He did that last year in the Detroit game with an interception after getting a first down at the 50 with 2 minutes left in the game. He did that against Dallas a week later with another ill-advised pick throwing into double coverage.

And then he did it in the playoff game against Tampa where he threw a pick when the team was close to being in field goal range to salt the game away.

Brad is not a clutch player despite his ability to move the team and put up stats for the first 3 quarters of a game.

A lot of NFL quarterbacks can do that.

The franchise, $30 million guys are the ones that win the game at the end.

Brad Johnson is the only QB I've ever seen who can complete 40 passes in a game and still come out with less than 400 yards. He was 40 of 56 (incredible) for 399 yds (also incredible).

I think it says something that Bucs92 was all over this board when times were good (actually they were never really good, but in BucaneerWorld, pre-season is when their Super Bowl drive plays out) but as soon as it became clear that they were their usual swaggering underachievers, the guy is scarce. Basically, he's another drive-by smacker.

there are no free lunches in the NFL.

The Redskins were talking last PRE season about being in the Super Bowl and were lighting up victory cigars. Big mistake.

The Bucs evidently didn't learn from that experience. They went out and threw money at Brad Johnson and Simeon Rice and believed they should then have the Super Bowl trophy shipped to Tampa postage paid.

It doesn't work that way. You have to earn it. THAT is what I was trying to tell Bucs92 a couple of weeks ago.

You see your team win the Super Bowl and go through all the sacrifice, hard play and yes, LUCK, over 16 weeks and you realize how hard it is to win a championship.

After going 11-5 in 1999 and 10-6 last year and getting some breaks down the line to make the playoffs, now the Bucs are suffering the same kinds of bad luck plays like the missed field goal yesterday that bedeviled some of their opponents in prior years allowing them to move on with a "W".

I have nothing against the Bucs other than the fact that some of their fans were talking about the past two years as if having made the playoffs somehow put them on par with teams that have won a championship.

If that was the case, then Marty Schottenheimer would get a lot more credit for having his teams in the playoffs 11 out of 15 years coaching.

2 years in row in the playoffs?

Compare that to what Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs and Bill Parcells achieved and you just have to control your laughter. smile.gif

Archived