Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I know we have alot of Big Blue fans........

Island Boy

Michigan names Gutierrez starting QB

Matt Gutierrez was named Michigan's starting quarterback on Monday.

The junior from Californiawill start Saturday's home game against Miami of Ohio.

While it seemed likely during the preseason that Gutierrez would win the job, coach Lloyd Carr insisted two other quarterbacks - Clayton Richard and Chad Henne - had a shot.

Gutierrez is the only one of the three candidates with college experience. After redshirting as a freshman two years ago, he was John Navarre's seldom-used backup last season.

Gutierrez, a mobile quarterback with a solid arm, has not lost a game he started since he was a freshman playing junior varsity football. He starred at DeLaSalle Catholic High, the same school that produced former Wolverines star Amani Toomer - now a wide receiver with the New York Giants.

I really like this guy and think he is gonna be great!!! :cool:

Originally posted by portis2000yrds

Michigan names Gutierrez starting QB

Matt Gutierrez was named Michigan's starting quarterback on Monday.

The junior from Californiawill start Saturday's home game against Miami of Ohio.

While it seemed likely during the preseason that Gutierrez would win the job, coach Lloyd Carr insisted two other quarterbacks - Clayton Richard and Chad Henne - had a shot.

Gutierrez is the only one of the three candidates with college experience. After redshirting as a freshman two years ago, he was John Navarre's seldom-used backup last season.

Gutierrez, a mobile quarterback with a solid arm, has not lost a game he started since he was a freshman playing junior varsity football. He starred at DeLaSalle Catholic High, the same school that produced former Wolverines star Amani Toomer - now a wide receiver with the New York Giants.

I really like this guy and think he is gonna be great!!! :cool:

I can't wait to see Chad Henne in a couple years, possibly next year. That kid is going to be a monster of a QB.

Originally posted by pr11fan

Should help this kid to have Braylon Edwards lined up at receiver. Defense should be viciious too, especially in the secondary with Jackson and Shazor. Can anyone tell me who is supposed to be the starting hb, and any info on him.

David Underwood is the starter as far as I know. He's a big bruiser of a back, with pretty decent speed.

Archived