Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What we didn't see

Aluadan

The one thing I was looking for that I really didn't see much over was play action. Against as many 8 man fronts as we saw there could have been huge gains threw the air from play action but it looks like Gibbs choose not to use it, save it for later. Come regular season though you can bet you'll see it quite often and it should help quite a bit.

Originally posted by Cskin

No H-back play of any significance. By Design!

No Play-action. By Design

No Sweeps like last week. By Design

Gibbs just isn't giving Gruden anything to look at come the 1st week of Sept.

I don't think you can rationalize that horrible game by saying we only got our butts kicked because of the basic game plan. We basically got beat up on. I bet we'll bounce back and execute better next week.

Originally posted by Zuck

I don't think you can rationalize that horrible game by saying we only got our butts kicked because of the basic game plan. We basically got beat up on. I bet we'll bounce back and execute better next week.

I don't think anyone is saying this. Gibbs says we played badly and I think everyone thinks we did. We also played just vanilla on purpose. Greg Williams even said that we had the young guys in to match up against their starters on purpose. Would we have won a real game played that poorly, not likely but we likely have thrown a bunch more wrinkles at them and been a bit more in the contest.

We need to get better but this is the vanilla games I expected from Gibbs in the preseason.

Archived