Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Overall Thoughts???

Mr. S

I know this may sound a bit optimistic but I was very impressed. To go out and definately play sloppy but keep it together much more so than the Broncos did is impressive when you have a new coach and your going againsta a playoff team from last year with a system that has been in place for 8+ years. I saw more d-line pressure than I have seen in two years. Brunell and Ramsey were very rusty but overall made the right reads. Jansen REALLY hurts but I saw some flashes of the offense that won us 3 Superbowls and a defense that no longer resembles a turnstile. Remember Thomas, Barrow, Noble also did not play. I am hopefull!

I just typed about three paragraphs and lost it. Here's the condensed version. Taylor is the man. Tim looked great. Brunell and Ramsey have a third in their little competition. Jansen's loss is heartbreaking. Washington looked good. kickoff coverage sucked. And I'm proud of coach for proving to himself and doubters that he still knows what he's doing

Brunell and ramsey were rusty...VERY rusty...and the offense looks slughish...but then again Coach Gibbs likes to play his pre-season offense close to the vest so things should be okay by Sept. 12.

The "D"....Marcus Washington whatever we signed him for was a bargain...and Sean Taylor will be starting on opening day...no doubt about it.

Hmmmmm...thoughts on the game. Well, in rough order of them slamming into my tiny brain here goes....

First, damn it is good to see Joe on the sideline under a headset.

Second, damn it is good to see a head coach actually watching the game with interest, even when his defense and special teams are on the field.

Third, damn it is good to see a team get on and off the field, into and out of huddles and change personel without looking lost.

Fourth, I am worried about kickoff returns and coverage. Even the "first" team looked rough last night.

Fifth, I am also worried about our run defense. The "starters" did not do a good job of it last night, at least not consistently. I can only hope that adding Noble, Daniels and Taylor to the starting line up will improve it significantly. If not, this is going to be a long season again.

Sixth, no Ladell Betts, again due to injury.

Seventh, the play calling was pretty vanilla on offense (and on defense too although less so than offense) so I don't put too much stock in the first team not moving the ball well.

Eighth, damn it was good to watch Redskins football again. :)

Archived