Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Cap Hell in '06?!

rtandler

Like Rich stated earlier, I think if any coaching staff in the NFL can find 9 or 10 spots and fill them with journeymen, it's ours.

I am not going to worry about the roster under this staff. I never once worried about it in Gibbs' first tenure here. I didn't start feeling as if we needed "top-flight" talent until we were lacking in the coaching department.

In fact, I kind of took pride in Gibbs taking a TEAM very far into the playoffs or to a Super Bowl.

Anyway, my point is that if we have a nucleus (Ramsey, Portis, Coles, Jacobs, etc.) then I'm not going to worry about the rest of the parts. Gibbs and Co. will find us players who can execute their system.

Originally posted by jbooma

We could have tried to signed champ and lavar earlier then we did, as well as samuels, and no i don't mean after last year. I bet we could have signed smoot before last year.

Come on, Jbooma. We did try to sign Champ earlier. We offered him a contract before the 2003 season and his agent rejected it and never made a counter-offer. You don't think we should have given him a ridiculous Denver-type contract do you?

As for Lavar, we signed him.... end of story. We signed him for a lot less than LB Ray Lewis, so whats the complaint?

As for Smoot, he was coming off a down year in 2002 from his rookie year, so I don't see how you can say we could have signed him before "last year" or the 2003 season. Smoot had a 4 year contract. Teams don't normally resign players before they enter the 3rd year of a 4 year contract. And I'm sure Smoot didn't want to resign coming off a down year. :doh1:

The same with Samuels. The Skins have been willing to resign Samuels but he has refused, stating he had a down year in 2003. So what the frig are the Skins supposed to do?

I can't find any fault with the Skins Fo in dealing with these four players in their contracts.

You keep it up, and were're going to put YOU in solitary. :laugh:

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

Come on, Jbooma. We did try to sign Champ earlier. We offered him a contract before the 2003 season and his agent rejected it and never made a counter-offer. You don't think we should have given him a ridiculous Denver-type contract do you?

I thought DH won the draft contest??

Oh well you are just holding my title for me for next year, its all good :D

Originally posted by jbooma

I thought DH won the draft contest??

Oh well you are just holding my title for me for next year, its all good :D

No DH didn't win the draft contest. I won the Draft Guru Championship 2004 :1stplace: on a recount. :D

So don't ever question my football knowledge, otherwise you might have to wear the dress again. :laugh:

Archived