Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Richmond area Extremeskins

Dan T.

lucky dog, i am gonna be back there for my birthday in aug, and for good come november.. finishing up school.

good eats near VCU... depends what you like and if you are walking or driving. and forgive me, i haven't lived there in almost 3 years...

walking: you might want to drive depending on your tastes... mostly cheap, quick college eats. for good chinese (vegan and veg dishes too) try Panda Garden on Grace St (kitty corner from the Community Pride grocery store). the Village Cafe is not bad either. more traditional american cuisine. located on the corner of Grace and...? it's practically right next to Panda and across the street from CPride. a new place i heard about was nine-twenty-nine which is at 929 grace st. another rest known for it vegan and veg. menu. what else....

let me know if you are willing to drive a couple of minutes because the selection and quality of the food will increase dramatically. also you could get a chance to see some of richmond (the fan, careytown, downtown)... or if you don't mind a longer walk.

i also know just about every place to get a beer down there! they've got some awesome bars, the best is downtow, called Penny Lane. the owner was an acquaintance of the Liverpool Lads and the whole bar is a Brit-syle pub with pub fare. awesome karaoke on monday nights. in fact there is awesome karaoke all over the town every night of the week. my ex hosts at 5 different places Wed-Sun. another local fav is havana '59 on 17th St. it's a very trendy throw-back to old havana. lots of cigar smoking and cuban fare. they open up the windows to the streets in Shockoe Bottom so you can admire the bustling scene. it's a pretty cool place to grab a drink and enjoy the nighlife.. on the weekends the Bottom is closed to driving and they open up the streets. it's all eateries and bars and clubs and live music down there... everyone just walking in the street, shufflin' to the beat and all that, and plenty of horse cops just in case.

One place within walking distance is the border chophouse, it's on west main street west of the vcu campus, good bbq don't know many other places within walking distance other than a pizza place on main across the business building, and sub shops like stuffys and subways.

Archived