Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

R Thomas' Pro Bowl season awaits

Had a thought about next year's O-line, and how it was basically untouched, minus the Raymer and drafted additions.

To me, this translates to Bugel's satisfaction w/ his corps. And why shouldn't he be? There was a lot of talent on this line last year that fell flat due to coaching...plain and simple.

So, which lineman will have the best year? I say Randy Thomas.

Think about how much Gibbs has utilized pulling guards in the past, and the linemen that became great under him. I see Thomas being a perfect fit for this mold.

Thomas has the athleticism and the load to be a force on this line, particularly when he is pulling.

I forsee a line that will play up to their full potential this season, and I see Thomas headed striaght for Hawaii.

Thoughts?

The team did give up 46 sacks last year. Potential be damned these guys only deserve the respect they earn; lets see it on the field.

I know that assignments were goofy, the TE's and backs are a part of those sad results but Ramsey was a target and the line needs to earn our respect. They did not earn mine last year.

Hey Kirk,

Bottom line is this: Buges won't put garbage on the field.

Last season, we had an overzealous, ineffecient, and inexperienced coach who stubbornly stuck to his college schemes, and even all the best linemen in the league can't protect a predictable gamplan.

The point is this- instant respect comes from this coaching staff, who blatantly was content w/ keeping the guys up front to anchor this team. Instant respect.

And these players will all be playing well; and Thomas will have a probowl season.

I think Derrick Dockery will suprise a lot of people. He is a mammaouth guard at 6'5" 350+ lbs. As Buges works with him he will be mauling people. Too bad Sapp isn't on the Bucs anymore, I would have loved to see him pancake his @$$. Raymer will be a step up from Larry Moore and Lenny Friedman. THis former all-american from Wisconson is a great leader for the o-line. We will see if Jansen can start paying attention to the snap count rather than the play clock. As for Randy Thomas, I want to see this guy pull more and lay some smack down on the counter trey's.

Archived