Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TSN position rankings

jwebst1

Does anyone else get the Sporting News? Over the past month, they have been ranking (well actually giving out letter grades to) every NFL team based on each position.... has anyone seen the Redskins grades... every week they have been getting anywhere for B- to D on every position. After seeing the WR grade, I just couldn't take it anymore... TSN gave the Skins a C+... are you serious? Coles, Gardner, McCants, Thrash, Jacobs = C+??? The Ravens, who in my mind are still lacking at WR got a C-. It just seems that most sports writers have something against the Redskins and/or Dan Snyder and I hate it.

I've read 2 preseason publications already they both picked the Skins to finish 2nd in the NFC East behind the Eagles. As far as the grades go, I kinda do them myself especially for my own team. Street & Smith seem to be a bit more on par with reality. I disagree with a couple of there assesments to though.

In fairness, it depends on what the criteria is for the ratings.

If it's based on production and winning, I can understand how the Skins' units might come out ranking low.

If it's based on pure talent, the Skins should rank higher.

This Skins team has talent. But they simply haven't been able to play up to that talent level in the past.

SkinsThug said it: the numbers that MOST people are looking at are 5-11.

In the end, that's what really counts.

Horrible rating, I could not believe they got a C+. Skins should at least gotten a 'B'.

Lets look at some other teams with higher grades than the skins WR.

Texans = B Andrew Johnson / Corey Bradford

Browns =B- Andre Davis/Quincy Morgan/Dennis Northcutt

Jets = B Santana Moss/Justin McCareins

Raiders = B- Jerry Rice/Tim Brown/Jerry Porter

Falcons = B- Peerless Price/Michael Jenkins

Chicago Bears = B Marty Booker/David Terrell

The Bears receivers over the skins, thats about as funny as it gets!

Would anyone seriously take those receiver corps over the skins? Its not even close imo.

That's ridonkeykong! I'm constantly amazed at how unprofessional the analyses and predictions are from these 'professional' sports magazines.

David Terrell and Marty Booker a B? Are you kidding me? It's like their just going down the list of where these guys were drafted...

Originally posted by GURU

In fairness, it depends on what the criteria is for the ratings.

If it's based on production and winning, I can understand how the Skins' units might come out ranking low.

If it's based on pure talent, the Skins should rank higher.

This Skins team has talent. But they simply haven't been able to play up to that talent level in the past.

SkinsThug said it: the numbers that MOST people are looking at are 5-11.

In the end, that's what really counts.

Coaching last year was an F anyway!

This year at least an A-or B+

Archived