Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNNSI: MMQB - A Father's Dedication

jbooma

Good article about Tony Dungy

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/peter_king/06/18/mmqb/index.html

3. I think, and this is a Giant uh-oh, that some Big Blue observers are saying Jesse Palmer has thrown the ball better than Kurt Warner has in June practices.

6. I think you might be surprised to know the newest way for teams to make some pretty good coin: Sirius satellite radio. Install satellite radio in your car or home this year and you'll get play by play of every NFL game. You can listen to legends such as Myron Cope in Corpus Christi, Texas. Some teams -- New England, most notably -- are planning to allow you to drive to the stadium this fall, drop your car off before the game, have the Sirius radio installed during the game, and listen to the late games on your car trip home. Such a deal.

:cheers:

Originally posted by ntotoro

Is #3 because Jesse "Rosie" Palmer has now supplanted Chad Pennington as the "next Joe Montana" or because Kurt Warner has basically become the "next Heath Schuler." :laugh:

Nick

Warner can't become the next Heath Schuler, Warner had a couple of good seasons, Schuler was a bust from the beginning.

Originally posted by Symbol

Warner can't become the next Heath Schuler, Warner had a couple of good seasons, Schuler was a bust from the beginning.

Exactly. He's got a Super Bowl ring and was MVP. He's not that bad. I'm more scared of him in NY then I am of Manning (this season.)

When he has played, Shockey has averaged 5.1 catches for 59.5 yards per game, with has only four touchdowns.

That little note got me a bit aggrivated.

I agree that Shockey has something to prove, in regards to staying healthy (and I don't even like Shockey), but King has some real nuts to make that statement.

I don't think he realizes two things:

1. Shockey is a TE

2. Those are very, very good numbers for a TE (except for the TDS)

That's an average of 80 catches for 960 yards every year, over a 16 game season.

If he did that for just a couple years (maybe 5 or 6), he'd go down as one of the greatest pass catching TEs of all time. What am I missing here?

For the record, Shannon Sharpe- probably the best ever- averaged 3.9 catches for 49 yards per game, and 3 TDs per season for his career.

Archived