Extremeskins

Bulls try to trade for Jarvis Hayes

@DCGoldPants

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A41879-2004Jun14.html

Wizards' Hayes in Bulls' Eyes

By Steve Wyche

Washington Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, June 15, 2004; Page D03

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., June 14 -- The Chicago Bulls have approached the Washington Wizards about trading the No. 3 pick in the June 24 draft and a lesser-salaried player for second-year forward Jarvis Hayes and Washington's fifth overall draft selection, according to sources in Washington and Chicago, who did not want to be named.

The sources said the deal is unlikely to transpire because the Wizards do not plan on moving Hayes, last year's No. 10 pick and a member of the all-star rookie team this season. However, an employee with the Bulls has been doing background checks on Hayes, the source in Washington said. Chicago would have to include a lower-salaried player to make such a deal work under the NBA's trade rules that require salaries be of equal or near-equal value.

Wizards President of Basketball Operations Ernie Grunfeld said, "I don't comment on conjecture and rumor."

The Wizards have had trade talks with several teams with a source claiming Washington has inquired about Indiana Pacers forward Al Harrington. However, no deals are imminent.

they can have Stackhouse for that 3rd if the Bobcats don't take him. Not Hayes.....he'll be a decent player.

No way we give up Hayes to move up 2 spots in the draft. Their throw in player would have to be good and I can't imagine they would give up Curry and we don't need Crawford. I could imagine them offering up Chandler, but he is in the same boat as Kwame, trying to fulfill his potential.

Archived