Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark Maske:Don't Be Surprised if Gibbs Has Redskins In Playoffs

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!

Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,

Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!

Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won

Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Marks Maske's article was a good read, good enough to read twice even!

Is it just me or has this been one of the longest offseasons in history...

For all those people who don't think Dallas will be as good as last year, let me make some unfortunate points, because I hate those punks in big D, but I am a realist ...

1.) Vinny at QB is much more scarry than Carter

2.) Parcells' teams have always done significantly better in the second year. Until he is proven wrong, you must go with the track record for someone of his pedigree

3.) Dallas' main strength, their defense, is a year more mature and seasoned ... younger players like their Safety will be more dominating, unless they get injured.

4.) Parcells knows how to play ball control offense so that he doesn't have to rely on the passing game or get himself into a shoot out.

I still believe that the Redskins will do better. It is very conceivable that the NFC East could end up with 3 playoff teams this year.

Maske writes that Gibbs needs to watch his health...

I agree, but the example he used about Brunell needing to take him to the hospital was not about Gibbs overdoing it. It was about an adjustment to his medication that went awry.

Being in the pharma research industry, I know this stuff happens all the time. I also know enough about diabetes (having worked on several diabetes research trials) that the disease is well controlled with proper diet, exercise and medication. Maske is right about making sure those things are watched closely. I am confident that Gibbs will do what he needs to do to take care of himself. He's been here before. He knows what mistakes he made in the past with his health, and he won't make them again.

In conclusion, I would be very surprised to hear that Gibbs allowed his health to slip.

Howard went were he was supposed to go in the draft. I was surprised to read that Spurrier stopped attending meetings with Synder. Also, writers miss the point about Bailey-Portis. Bailey didn't want to stay here. He could have signed elsewhere and we would have received a couple of draft picks-that might not have worked out--or we could pull the trigger on a deal that gets a top notch RB. I think the Skins did the right thing.

Originally posted by mattyk72

Howard would have been someone else's mistake if we didn't take him, it's not like we were the only team that was drooling over him.

Exactly, if we didn't take him, Green Bay (Ron Wolff) had the 6th pick and would've taken him......we should've taken Terrel Buckley (the top corner coming out that year). Instead, Grenn Bay took him at #6.

Originally posted by Hauss

Howard went were he was supposed to go in the draft. I was surprised to read that Spurrier stopped attending meetings with Synder. Also, writers miss the point about Bailey-Portis. Bailey didn't want to stay here. He could have signed elsewhere and we would have received a couple of draft picks-that might not have worked out--or we could pull the trigger on a deal that gets a top notch RB. I think the Skins did the right thing.

Just curious, I heard it was actually Bailey's wife that wanted out of here. Did anyone else hear that too? If it is true, does anyone know what her beef was?

Here's the way I look at it. Bill Parcells is probably the best defensive minded coach in the NFL now. He took his defense oriented team that was 5-11 before the season he came to an immediate 10-6 playoff appearance. I think we have a offense probably equivalent in skill to the cowboys defense. Gibbs, who is one the brightest offensive minds now in the league, can almost certainly take our beloved Skinz to a 10-6 or better record. Considering our defense is probably better than Parcells equivalent of an offense I believe that the er of the two choices is the most favorable (better than 10-6). This writer has got his head screwed on straight!!!

Archived