Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any RB John Simon news?

redman

Should we have started this war, and will we "win"?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have started this war, and will we "win"?

• A year ago, I was in favor of it.
    • A year ago, I was opposed to it.
    • A year ago, I wasn't shure.
    • Now, I think we should have gone.
    • Now, I think we shouldn't have gone.
    • Now, I don't know.
    • I think we're almost guaranteed to make Iraq better
    • I think it's likely, but not guaranteed.
    • We've likely made things worse.
    • We're almost guaranteed to have made things worse.

i'm tired of people using he's a gibbs guy as a reason to advocate for a guy. being a "gibbs guy" is a positive untangible if gibbs is on the fence about a guy, but i sure he wants guys who can contribute also.

back to simon: not sure if it was his problem or spurriers but the guy barely saw the field last year so i doubt gibbs guy or not, he probably will have to break some ankles to make the team.

Seems like every post-game press conference, Spurrier would say something like "I wanted to get John Simon into the game, but I don't know what happened. We didn't get him in there, I guess."

As frustrating as it was, Spurrier did say some pretty damn funny things. I guess it would have been funnier if he were coaching someone else's team, though.

Originally posted by Leonard Washington

i'm tired of people using he's a gibbs guy as a reason to advocate for a guy. being a "gibbs guy" is a positive untangible if gibbs is on the fence about a guy, but i sure he wants guys who can contribute also.

agreed, seems like a lot more players are becoming "Gibbs style guys", the staff will decide who is best for them. Besides, look at our running back, he definitely didnt seem like a Gibbs style guy as Gibbs took relatively average running backs and made them stars in the superbowl, he never had a glamorous back like Portis until now.

As for John Simon, seems like him and Sultan would have to battle it out for a spot, or may not even make the team, we right now have Portis, Betts, and Morton on the team and im hoping Rock as well.

Lighten up, Francis! I said it's Gibbs style to keep a guy like him which is true. And what I meant by that is a relative unknown who can fit a niche on the team somewhere. I'm not advocating, just wondering.

Archived