Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saying goodbye June 1st

KirkNC

Here are the guys I believe will be gone and the cap savings they represent:

Jeremiah Trotter $2,700,000

Dave Fiore $1,100,000

Larry Moore $1,300,000

In CAP $'s right now after the signing of Baxter which I assume would be at the vet min. ($480k CAP cost) and subtracting a $230k salary from the current leaves us at around $1,400,000.

Adding the the $5,100,000 from releasing these three brings the total to about $6,500,000 of CAP $'s prior to the rookie pool.

I do not know what our allocation is but I would imagine it to be around $2,500,000 which leaves us with about $4,000,000 in CAP space after signing our rookies.

What should we do with that money? A post June 1st pick-up? Perhaps, but I really hope we evaluate how it improves our roster. Will there really be any DL out there that are better than what we have? I do not feel there really will be anyone out there for this team beyond a couple guys that should be offered vet min. deals to come in and compete for a spot on the team.

I think before the season starts we will see two other releases that will create a bit more CAP room:

Trung Canidate $915,000

and either

Renaldo Wynn $2,000,000

Regan Upshaw $1,000,000

What I hope the team does with this money is saves it. This money should be put in an account that is for extending Smoot. That's it; thats where I want this maney to go.

Fiore is physically done but I think releasing him is going to be a small cap hit for us.

And Brian Noble is done also. Why he is even on this roster is baffling to me. He never did jack at Dallas and now he's even less then what he was then because of the super knee injury he had.

Originally posted by Old Glory

Fiore is physically done but I think releasing him is going to be a small cap hit for us.

And Brian Noble is done also. Why he is even on this roster is baffling to me. He never did jack at Dallas and now he's even less then what he was then because of the super knee injury he had.

It's Brandon Noble not Brian. Anyway, while I don't think much of Noble, he's defintely worth keeping at this point if he can be somewhat healthy. It's not like we have a lot of depth at d-tackle.

Originally posted by Heavy Jumbo

I thought Moore was already released? And isn't Fiore having knee problems? I thought there were rules to releasing players with injuries.

You're right we can't cut somebody that was injured. Teams get a roster and cap exemption by putting a player on the Physically Unable to Play/Perform ? (PUP) list. Once they are deemed healthy they either count or get the boot. Most times though, they take the middle ground and give an "injury settlement" that releases the club from any obligation to the player and visa versa.

It's the same thing with Noble, however I think we do have plans for him. While I wouldn't count on getting too much from him this season, he would be good for depth in 05. According to an article or two, I think his re-hab is progrssing faster than expected so he might actually make it on the active roster this season. Noble will be a camp storyline - interesting to follow.

I do think Trotter will do well with another team, will definitely get a job and sign somewhere quickly, however, I dont think he will return to his former Eagles self. Funny how before his imminent release was announced, almost everyone here was telling people to shut up about Trotter being released, 'his cap hit would be too big'(granted it still is).

They are asking Fiore to retire, Moore has been long gone to the Bengals. Dung better be cut.

Archived