Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Accurate College QB?

Thinking Skins

This is just something that I was thinkng about as I watched the pregame stuff today. Who do you all think is the most accurate quarterback in this year's draft? Everyone's talking about how accurate Kurt Warner's throws are and how he hits the recievers in stride and such, and I'm curious to see is Carr or Harrington have this quality of accuracy. <br /><br />But I'm still vehemantly against us drafting a QB in the first round.

Blackman,<br />I accepted the challenge.<br /><br />Wes Counts, Middle Tenn.St. SR 11 259 188 72.59 4 2327 17 166.6<br /><br />(yahoo.com stats)<br /><br />there is the most accurate passer<br /><br />and he is in fact a Senior<br /><br />72.59 % completion, 4 int, 17 td, 2327 yds<br />oiverall rating 166.6 (for the season)

He doesn't look too good cause he only passed for like 2000 yards, so that means that he's a Brad Johnson type player who ust does dropoffs to the RB and TE instead of going deep. But if you look at 5 Byron Leftwich, a junior from Marshall, he looks a lot better with 315-470 for 67% and 4132 yards. But I doubt he'll come out.

OK, how about the most accurate "big-time" college QB that played against top-notch defensive talent? <br /><br />QB is one position that is tough to go to the smaller leagues and schools to look for talent. Even if they have the physical skills necessary they often haven't faced good enough defensive speed and talent to prepare them for the pro game. That's a big enough jump from major college leagues ... from the smaller ones it can often be overwhelming.

Blackman,<br /><br />We all know stats can lie but between the two I would offer this:<br /><br />Counts 12.4 yards per completion, .2 int/td ratio<br /><br />Leftwich 13.1 YPC, .18 int/td ratio<br /><br />not that much difference is there?

The most accurate collegiate passer I've ever seen was a guy named Chuck Long out of Iowa. He was spectacular. Led the Hawkeyes to a win over Texas in the Sun Bowl or something.<br /><br /> Drafted by the Lions and he played for a couple of seasons...never did much. The guy who probably holds the record would be Culpepper down at Central Flordia. I think he completed 73% or something sick like that. I still want the guy.

yeah, Minnesota drafted Culpepper with our pick in the first, one of the three we traded for Brad Johnson. Just think, if Norv knew how to develop talent, we might have him here in DC doing what he's done in Minnesota, probably more since he's got a good back here to go with those good recievers.

Brave,<br /><br />seems like we could just draft Whatever QB is at Michgan then.<br /><br />they seem to have a run of them right in a row.<br /><br />how about that kid that went to play baseball (not hutch)?<br /><br />Drew Henson?........

I've already said (in another thread) that we should just trade for Green Bay's back-up QB. Favre, Brunell, Warner, Aaron Brooks, Hasselbeck. Just about any of those guys look better than our last few QBs.<br /><br />Michigan gets their QBs in the NFL, but few have attained lofty status. Brady (isn't he from Mich.?) could change that. Greise won't.<br /> <br /> [ January 27, 2002: Message edited by: Brave ]

yup Spurrier would most likely want to grab Rex Grossman next year. Grossman won't be a 1st rounder either (some size limitations will keep him down) I would welcome that because who better to run a Spurrier system then one of his best QBs ever. He's no Danny Weurfel either, he's got much more arm. <br /><br />Dont bring up the Culpepper-Brad Johnson thing! It still hurts me to think about that.

i said it a while ago. i think drafting Drew Henson with a 7th rounder would be more then worth the risk. look at that guy the cowboys signed. he made it to the bigs for the cards and came back to baseball. its not even certain if drew will make it to the yankees. now that brosius is gone this is his chance. if he messes up and some other young guy grabs 3rd base and plays well drew may be looking for other options.

Archived