Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypnosis

Chrisbob74

I tried it once and lit up in the parking lot as soon as I left the office. I finally quit 4 years ago, after 20 years of 2.5 packs a day, using the patch. I actually only used the patch for about ten days. I was very motivated though. I had reached the point where I really felt that I had to quit instead of wanting to quit.

Chrisbob,

I've never smoked before in my life, so maybe you won't take my advice seriously but hear me out anyways.

I ultimately believe that aids like hypnosis, the patch, etc., can help you in your quest to quit smoking, however, you have to first be in the right mental frame of mind to quit. Can you honestly say to yourself that you have had it with smoking? Is quiting smoking something deep down inside you that you are willing to do with all your heart?

If the answer to both those questions is yes, then you are on the road to success and have completed half of your battle. How you close out the rest of the battle (ie. the patch, hypnosis, etc.) I guess just depends on the type of person you are.

Hopefully this has given you something to think about. Anyways, I wish you well in achieving your goals.

Thanks RCH...........I am desperate to pack in, for the sake of my own health and to save a few quid as well.

I can go without fags for a few days but as soon as I hit a stressful situation (work, argue with my better half) then I fall back to them. I am looking for something to get me over the hump, I think this may be the answer......

Chrisbob, have you tried using Zyban? It's a pill that will reduce your cravings for cigarettes, and it doesn't contain any nicotine. You can keep smoking when you start using Zyban, and the idea is that you'll eventually lose the craving so stop smoking gradually. A couple of my friends have quit smoking using Zyban, although they didn't smoke 2.5 packs a day like yourself.

You can get some more information here:

http://www.quitsmoking.com/zyban/

Zyban is also known as "Wellbutrin", and is marketed as an antidepressant under that name (an added bonus, maybe). Good luck on your quest.

Originally posted by Chrisbob74

I can go without fags for a few days but as soon as I hit a stressful situation (work, argue with my better half) then I fall back to them. I am looking for something to get me over the hump, I think this may be the answer......

If it wasn't for your location, I had some pretty good jokes that you opened yourself up to.

:jk: :doh1:

Anyway, I wish you best of luck in your endeavours!

My Father used to be a doctor. One of his partners used to use hipnosis. My father always said that it can help some folks but it doesn't work on everybody. Anytime you see someone doing it they've veted several people before picking the one to use it on...

On a more positive note I've got a friend who had pretty good luck with a guy using hipnosis on him to stop smoking. Been two years and he's been smoke free ever since.

All I know is one minute I'm 22, a college graduate with a bachelor pad and a couple bucks in my pocket for the first time in my life ... and the next I'm 43, paying a mortgage and 2 car bills that are kicking my @ss, have 3 kids who will all, in a matter of a few years, likely be needing my help to pay their way through college, and a wife who all she has to do is LOOK at me that certain way, and I find myself thinking that, hey, this was all voluntary, simply the way it's supposed to be, and stop complaining, already.

Draw your own conclusions.

Archived