Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I've got a Satelite, High Def question......

Hitnskins

I was at home last night watching basketball on espn, and all of a sudden, the screen flashed up an advertisement of a guy playing soccer, and a message saying if you want to order this channel dial......whatever. So I switched the channel, and came up with no signal for every other station.

I went up stairs, and all of the tvs up there worked........so I came back down, and un hooked everything, then hooked it back up.......and the only channels I can get, are my local High Def channels through the antenna...........I checked my signal strength from the dish, and it's not getting anything.........I called the pricks from Directv(who say that it's going to be a $70 service charge for coming out to look at it, and on top of that, they can't even get out to check on it until next Monday), and after dealing with them for over an hour, they said that it was either in the cable, the multi switch outside that sends the different signals to different rooms, or either in the receiver itself.........I'm going to bring down a receiver from up stairs, and see if I can get a signal through that, if not, what else do you think it could be? I don't understand what could've caused this.........I can still get the menu on my high def receiver to come up, but I can't get anything through it........but yet the tvs upstairs are working fine............either way, everything i have is under warranty.

Have any of you ever dealt with a similar situation? Or having any ideas or recomendations for trying to fix this?

Thanks for any suggestions, and your help!

I might be able to help.

First off, I assume you did a "Hard Reboot" unplugging the reciever box for 30 seconds or more. I also assume that Directv tried to send your subscriber information over the phone to reprogram your card.

I would unplug your reciever for about a hour while you test the line with another box,then go through the full set up again.

What type of box are you using?? and are you able to get any Directv channels? If you can get 100,200 or 500 it's a card issue.

I'm using the Zenith high def box..........I can't get any Satelite Channels at all.........I did try and do a reboot too.

Just out of curiosity, do you think this sounds like something with the Zenith receiver, the cable, or the card?

I really do hope it's not something with the receiver........

I think it's the cable. Have you tested the cable by hooking up another reciever?.

It's rare that the box would just quit like that but it can happen.

It seems that is you are not getting any signal at all to the box,or the box is not seeing the signal.

You also can try unplugging the box removing the card and turning the box back on and then put the card back in, this has worked on some boxes.

I have the hi-def Zenith box as well. I'm at work now so I can't give you the specifics, but there's an option on the "Setup" that you perform to acquire all of the channels. You also have to make sure that your local time is correct as well.

When first installing the box, I had similar problems that you're describing. I had to perform the Setup option a couple of times before I could finally get the satellie channels. I do know that if your local time is not set correctly you won't get any channels.

Well I just went home, and found that my cable outside had been unscrewed from the multi feed unit that sends different signals to each room............very suspicious. I screwed it back into the feed, and every thing worked fine........so either the jack azz that set it up didn't screw it in all the way, or someone came by and unscrewed it.

At least it's fixed.........and I don't have to pay that bullsh!t $70.00 service charge for Directv to come out and look at it.

Thanks for your help and input guys.

Archived