Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFW: Random quotes from around the league

bubba9497

Random quotes from around the league

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/They+Said+It/2004/said050704.htm

Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells on the expectations placed on rookie RB Julius Jones, who has been compared to former Dallas great Emmitt Smith: “That is the evolution of the game. The people that have had Hall of Fame players at that position, that’s just the way it is. The bus station is full of those guys who were going to be the next this or the next that.”

Former Steelers, Jets and Titans QB Neil O’Donnell telling the New York Daily News why he decided to retire rather than spend a year with the Giants tutoring rookie Eli Manning: “It wasn’t an easy decision. It really wasn’t. (New Jersey) is home. All my high school buddies and everyone who followed my career, they all wanted me to come back home one more time. But I just felt the way it all ended last year, with the closure … Don’t tarnish the fine finish, right? That’s how I look at it.”

Cowboys QB Drew Henson on his decision to play football after spending three seasons in the Yankees' minor-league system: “As much as I was trying to get to New York and get to the big leagues, I said to myself, ‘Is this going to make me happy for the next 10 or 12 years?’ At the same time, the more I thought about football, the more I missed it and thought that as I moved forward with my career, I’m better suited to be a quarterback.”

Panthers LB Mark Fields, who missed all of the 2003 season while being treated for Hodgkin’s disease, on his enthusiasm to be back on the field: “The guys will probably be mad at me at training camp because I feel like we can stay out there all day practicing. We can go all day long, until whenever. I probably won’t want to leave the field.”

Giants head coach Tom Coughlin on his plans to bring his new team up to speed on how things will be done under his watch: “We will apply the overload principle. We will give them all kinds of information in a very short amount of time and see what kind of poise and capacity to retain information they have. We’ll see how well they participate in meetings, see how well they can handle the fatigue, practicing twice for two days and getting that night meeting and how much they can retain the next morning.”

Cowboys QB Drew Henson on his decision to play football after spending three seasons in the Yankees' minor-league system: “As much as I was trying to get to New York and get to the big leagues, I said to myself, ‘Is this going to make me happy for the next 10 or 12 years?’

Hmmmmm.......The fact that he'd be the minor leagues those 10-12 years might have had something to do with it .

Eparadox,

Blah Blah Blah

The Giants OLine is going to be just fine. If you guys have four rookies starting the last five games last year, I would love to see how good they would be. The Giants OLine has a lot of talent actually. Injuries could ruin it again but I'm hoping lightning doesn't strike two years in a row. And that was the whole problem. The OLine was decimated by injuries.

Archived