Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Washington

Golgo-13

Washington is one of the unsung players that could make the Redskins a lot better on D in 2004 than most people anticipate.

To me the other key factors are a return to health of Brandon Noble to be the gapper at DT and a 16 game season from top starting corner Shawn Springs.

We get those things on top of good efforts from everyone else and we are going to be very good.

Not excellent, but very good :)

my only question is if he's going to be able to replace our talent that we had let go in Armstead and Trotter. I was always a Trotter fan, unfortunatly both couldn't get it done for us. Maybe if we had them around with Greg Williams a few years back they might have been more productive.

The Redskins have upgraded themselves at linebacker :)

The acquisition of Washington gives us TWO mobile outside backers that can rush the passer and make an impact in the open field.

It also allows us to move Arrington to weakside, where his skills will be maximized for perhaps the first time in his NFL career.

In the middle, at least in the short term, we upgraded ourselves with Barrow over Trotter.

Barrow has the maturity, leadership skills and tackling fundamentals that Trotter lacks.

With Arrington and Washington on the outside we need a stay at home MLB who is willing to do the grunt work.

We don't need a prima donna like Trotter that wants to try and outdo Arrington & Co. as a playmaker :)

What about having Arrington line up as a DE? I don't know if he's big enough to get by those offensive lineman but I do remember he lead all Line backers with 11 sacks with Marvin Lewis' defense a few years back but complained about it all the time.

Also another thing that kinda made me question Barrow was that he's pretty old. I never paid attention to him in the games but how does he compare to the rest of the NFL in terms of being a linebacker?

Archived