Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

14 Buckeyes drafted (New Record)

frankbones

And if Byrce Bishop gets taken that will be 15. Future recruite pay attention, other than Miami (which has been unbelievable the last 4-5 years) OSU is a NFL factory. And imagine if Clarett was allowed in? That total would be 15-16.

This picture won't be popular here ;)

707929-260227.jpg

That's my ball Sean!!!!

I agree, but it takes a TEAM to win championships. I'll take my 14 players drafted overall and the 2003 Fiesta bowl 10 out of 10 times.

(Though 6 out of the first 20 is damn impressive!)

BTW anybody that follows OSU: Can you believe BJ Sander got picked in the 3rd round, while Andy Groom went undrafted last year? That is crazy to me.

Originally posted by Ghost of Joe Bibbs

OHio State--many picks, little production.

BUT, when they're good, they are good--Eddie George, Cris Carter, etc

You're a clown Ghost.

I guess 25-2 the last 2 years, A National Championship, 2 BCS bowl wins, a 2-1 record the last 3 year against Michigan is 'little production." :rolleyes:

What has Michigan done the last 2 years by the way?:thumbsup:

Originally posted by atloldskin

Yes, but Miami's 6 number ones are more impressive. It shows Ohio State had a real senior laden team with good players and a good pro system.

I respect the Cane program but you said it.. Ohio has good players and a good pro system...

GO SKINS and GO BUCKS:dance:

Come on, frank, we had bleepin John "Big Choke" Navarre at QB!

When I said production, I was referring more to the NFL level. They do have lots of picks, but it's not as if they blow up the L like the Miami-heads do.

Hell, Michigan doesn't either, that's just the way it is--cept on O-line.

What has Michigan done the last 2 years by the way?

No. 5 Michigan 35, No. 4 Ohio State 21

By Neil Schmidt

The Cincinnati Enquirer

ANN ARBOR, Mich. - Ohio State strode in with the sentiment of senior linebacker Robert Reynolds, who said last week of the Wolverines, "We're going to take the fight to them." That, uh, didn't exactly happen.

Michigan hit the Buckeyes in the mouth. Its 35-21 victory, earning the Big Ten title and ending OSU's hopes of a repeat national championship, was a physical whipping.

The fifth-ranked Wolverines (10-2, 7-1 Big Ten) blew the Buckeyes off the line, totaling 448 yards and working the NCAA-record crowd of 112,118 into a fever pitch.

Said Chris Perry, who rushed for 154 yards: "I think our fans were rougher than Ohio State's defense."

Afterward, the fourth-ranked Buckeyes (10-2, 6-2) limped into the interview room and spoke in hushed tones. Quarterback Craig Krenzel had suffered a separated shoulder. Safety Nate Salley had a swollen eye and likened the game to a "heavyweight battle."

Defensive coordinator Mark Dantonio said: "They put it to us."

Michigan struck early, scoring touchdowns on four straight possessions, not including a kneel-down to end the first half.

Perry big-timed the Buckeyes, averaging 5 yards a carry and scoring two TDs. OSU star defensive end Will Smith had just one tackle.

OSU was left to ponder a season perhaps ruined in an afternoon.

"When you lose the chance to go to the national championship game, that hurts the most," receiver Michael Jenkins said.

Said defensive tackle Tim Anderson: "Everything came down to this game, and we didn't get it done."

The league crown was the Wolverines' 41st. OSU was denied a chance to win its first outright Big Ten title since 1984, and it will have to wait two weeks to find out its bowl destination.

Trying to defuse a reputation as a lucky team - developed while going 12-1 in games decided by seven or fewer points the past two years - OSU failed to impress.

"I know a lot of people are going to be saying, 'I told you so,' " tight end Ben Hartsock said. "I can't do anything about that now."

Michigan jumped ahead 21-0 and still led by three TDs midway through the third quarter. OSU hadn't faced a deficit larger than 10 points since the 2001 season.

It rallied with two scoring drives, one led by Krenzel and the other by backup QB Scott McMullen, to make it 28-21. But McMullen, on in relief after Krenzel's injury, had his momentum stalled by a three-and-out series.

Michigan added an insurance TD on an eight-play, 88-yard march. Then Krenzel, cleared to return, couldn't manage a first down on the following two drives, essentially ending the drama.

"Guys didn't make plays when they had to make plays," Smith said. ". . . I don't think a lot of guys were ready (for Michigan) this year."

Michigan's manhandling of an OSU defense ranked No. 6 in the nation - and No. 1 against the run - was stunning.

The yardage total was the most allowed by OSU during the last two seasons, in which the team has gone 24-2. The 35 points were the most scored against the Buckeyes in a non-overtime game since a 38-26 loss to Michigan in 2000. Perry was just the fourth player to rush for 100 yards on OSU the past three seasons.

"Chris Perry ran absolutely sensational," Michigan coach Lloyd Carr said. "In my judgment, there is not a better back in the country."

OSU had no one in his class. It totaled just 54 rushing yards on 25 carries, essentially abandoning the run after the first quarter. The Buckeyes would pass for 329 yards, but Michigan got enough pressure - including four sacks - to defuse the comeback attempt.

"The biggest thing for us offensively is we couldn't run the ball," Krenzel said. "Once we went to the air, we got a little bit of momentum, but it was too late."

OSU will have six weeks to digest this, then try to remove the bad taste in a bowl.

"Our season's not over," Krenzel said. "We have a senior class that's worked really hard, busted their butts, and we're not about to go out on a losing note."

:yawn: I think we've gone over this before, frank.

Archived