Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Times: Fitzgerald should be gobbled up fast.

skinsfanjoe

Originally posted by Oldskool

When Roy Williams came out, everyone was on his jock saying he was the best ever. When Jeremy Shockey came out everyone said best ever….

When Courtney Brown came out… yada yada yada..

So don’t give me this “once in a lifetime draft BS. It doesn’t hold water and floats like a :pooh:

If you want your guy, fine but don’t repeat what all the jabbering monkeys regurgitate in the media.

True but with shockey they said he would be good, they didn't say he would change the TE position like K2.

The other thing is in those drafts how many special players were there? This year the draft isn't deep but you have a bunch of players that are going to be stars in this league.

Originally posted by jbooma

True but with shockey they said he would be good, they didn't say he would change the TE position like K2.

The other thing is in those drafts how many special players were there? This year the draft isn't deep but you have a bunch of players that are going to be stars in this league.

Nope. Sorry. Shockey was going to reinvent the TE position. That was the hype about him Just like Roy Williams was supposed to reinvent the Safety position and Julius Peppers the DE. Hype upon hype upon hype….

And every year has “special players”. Those are the guys that are selected in the first 15 picks of the 1st round every single year. Whether they pan our or not is a shot in the dar, just like this group of kids will be.. Just more hype.

flava.jpg

Don’t believe the hype!

:D

I don't think we will have to worry about it. The Cardinals are high on Fitz's and should take him. I hope they do. I watched a lot of Pittsburgh games this year as I am a Canes fan and he was their only guy. He is not really fast. Look at the Pitt/UM game. Sean Taylor as a safety helped blanket him. Sean is a safety !!! not a DB. I agree with some of you. I don't think he will be that great in the NFL. I don't really like any of the WR's coming out. I think Williams from USC would have been the best.

I wouldn't mind seeing us taking him in the suppl. draft and using our #1 from next year. We should be drafting lower next year so why not. Unless the Raiders take him before we have a chance.

Use next years #1 and take him this year.

Does anyone know when the suppl. draft is?

To my mind the most interesting part of this draft is going to be who gets picked before us. Our pick, whichever way it goes, will be almost anti-climactic. Only a trade up would be off the charts for us.

After we pick, we will have ample time to chew our cuds and settle it out.

Originally posted by Cskin

Huh? The kid may not run a 4.3 forty but he's far from slow. He didn't have a problem running away from almost any DB he faced in college. Furthermore, the guy plays with the best body control I've seen from a wideout in a decade... and his hands belong among the elite.

I love his character... he's a true "Redskin" type player... and in the current league of me players... he's a true value and asset to the NFL.

couldn't agree with you more.

:point2sky

Here's you previous statement ......

Originally posted by Liberty

in one season you will see how much a bust he will be.

Then you changed your opinion in this statement.....

And while he will most likely will be a very good WR, he probably won't be better than Roy Williams and IMHO he isn't worth a top 5 pick.

You're flip flopping worse than John Kerry. Next you'll probably tell me Fitzgerald is going to be a hall of famer.:doh:

Originally posted by galentjm

Here's you previous statement ......

Then you changed your opinion in this statement.....

You're flip flopping worse than John Kerry. Next you'll probably tell me Fitzgerald is going to be a hall of famer.:doh:

DO YOU KNOW WHAT OVERRATED MEANS? you can be a good player and still be overrated. A player chosen at the #3 who performs like a #30, will be a bust and OVERRATED. A player chosen at #60 and plays like a #30 then he will be UNDERRATED. Don't use sh!t arguments like that.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT OVERRATED MEANS? you can be a good player and still be overrated. A player chosen at the #3 who performs like a #30, will be a bust and OVERRATED. A player chosen at #60 and plays like a #30 then he will be UNDERRATED. Don't use sh!t arguments like that.

Ok, I'll buy that, but your arguement that Fitzgerald is not fast enough is just false. He was timed at 4.47 so just toss that.

AND, pure speed, while an important trait to have, is not the ONLY means by which a receiver can gain separation. Look at Boldin, he ran a 4.7 and I'd say he was able to get some separation.

Originally posted by galentjm

Ok, I'll buy that, but your arguement that Fitzgerald is not fast enough is just false. He was timed at 4.7 so just toss that.

AND, pure speed, while an important trait to have, is not the ONLY means by which a receiver can gain separation. Look at Boldin, he ran a 4.7 and I'd say he was able to get some separation.

I believe it was a 4.5. 4.7 was pure speculation.

Originally posted by D'Pablo

I believe it was a 4.5. 4.7 was pure speculation.

Try again, but thanks for playing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/tracker/player?id=7153

Anquan Boldin

SELECTED BY ARIZONA , ROUND 2, PICK 22, OVERALL PICK 54

WR | (6-0, 216, 4.73) | FLORIDA STATE

By Pro Football Weekly

Notes: Florida's Mr. Football in high school, when he was a standout quarterback and set a state record with 11,433 total career yards. Played in 10 games and started one as a true freshman in '99, and caught 12 passes for 115 yards and two touchdowns, rushed four times for 33 yards and a touchdown and returned three kicks for 55 yards. Caught 41-664-6 in 2000, averaging 16.2 yards per catch. Missed all of '01 season and the '02 spring after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament during preseason drills. Contended for the starting QB job prior to injury but returned to receiver after an injury to WR Robert Morgan depleted the WR corps.

Positives: Big, strong, physical receiver and team leader. Great size. Has improved strength and filled out his frame. Above-average hands. Can make the tough catch and makes plays when he touches the ball. Has a good burst. Can beat press coverage and shows run-after-the catch ability. Willing, above-average blocker. Shows a second gear. Can make the acrobatic catch, pluck and snatch. Has a good throwing arm.

Negatives: Has durability questions stemming from ACL injury in his left knee. Struggles beating press coverage and getting off the line. Spotty concentration and will drop some easy balls. Does not have good technique. Hurt himself with 40 times above 4.7 at the Combine.

Summary: Raw, lacks top-end speed and may not be fully recovered from an ACL injury, but he should be a first-day pick because of his natural size, athleticism and huge upside.

* Player biographies are provided by Pro Football Weekly.

Archived