Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will anyone pay for Bledsoe??

Awesome

Bledsoe is definitely overpaid. And I can't believe I am fixing my fingers to type this....Yeah I agree with the thing that if Bledsoe came at Blake's price, Bledsoe would be the better option. <br /><br />I saw how hungry Bledsoe was when he came in for Brady in the AFC Championship vs. the Steelers. He quickly helped move the Pats down the field. Then he finished the job with a short TD pass to Patten. <br /><br />It's definitely all about the benjamins though. Bledsoe is too high right now and the Pats want too much.<br /> <br /> <small>[ March 18, 2002, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: FunBunch2FunNGun ]</small>

In a related story.<br /><br />Bills | Bledsoe Note - posted at KFFL <br />CNN/SI's Don Banks reports Buffalo Bills President and GM Tom Donahoe acknowledged Monday he at least held a discussion with the New England Patriots about QB Drew Bledsoe. Don't read too much into this, because when asked if the Bills would be interested in trading for Bledsoe, Donahoe replied, "If he was available to somebody in the division, yeah, we would consider him. I don't know that they would do that. There doesn't seem to be [much of a market for him], although his agent says it's a quiet market. Whatever that means. I don't know what that term means, but it sounds good."<br /><br />Okay, even though Buffalo says they aren't all that interested, why ask? Besides just for the heck of it that is. In a respectable reach and an obvious ploy to stir things up some more, are the Bills sure that Blake's going to be there guy? <br /><br />Another thing. The Patriots have to realize sooner or later, and it better be sooner, that the current asking price is just to high. It would appear there isn't alot of interest in losing draft picks and possibly picking up a healthy contract.

Bledsoe would be the best pure passer we've had since Jurgensen. <br /><br /> After a year of watching Tony Banks, I'd tear up if we could get a player of Bledsoe's caliber but his contract makes it impossible. I guess it'd be a 'sign 'n trade' deal (contingent on the player and the receiving team working out a contract). I'd have absolutely no problem giving up a 2nd rounder and a 5th rounder this year and possibly a 4th next year. <br /><br /> I don't like giving up draft picks, but this is a rare opportunity to get a truly talented QB.

Archived