Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Huddle Report-4-13-04 Mock Draft- Skins get Manning and Wilfork

Lavarleap56

Gibbs does prefer to have a 1, 2 punch of at least experienced QBs, so who would be the #2 QB in such a scenario? Honestly, I never really watched Eli Manning in college ball, but I've heard rave reviews about the kid, and he's being predicated as being one of the next "great" QBs. In this case, such a draft wouldn't upset me beyond tears, but I do think that it would possibly leave question marks at LT and at QB, since Manning would take at least a year to learn the system, in addition to having to get some playing time.

Plus, I really like Ramsey, as a player and a person, and I was hoping he'd stick around long enough to get some coaching with Gibbs.

Ramsey does have the tools, smarts, and personality to fit in well with a Gibbs-coached Redskins team, so I am not sure if Gibbs is so willing to release Ramsey, unless the team is so angry at Sexton, and Ramsey is very unhappy, that they'd want to get rid of the kid.

Probably the best thing about this mock draft is that we'd get a DT (Yay!) that could probably contribute right away. I'm just not sure if it's worth what we'd give up, though.

Originally posted by Phat Hog

I agree that Manning will more than likely be a great QB some day soon, but this trade is crazy. We need to be thinking defense –

I agree with Phat Hog, we really need defense and Taylor fits the role perfectly. Also, to be honest, I think Ben Roethlisberger and Phillip Rivers are better, especially Big Ben. They are smarter and able to read the field better. We really need Sean Taylor though. Look at Roy Williams with Dallas. He's a monster and Taylor is better than him!

All fun and games folks .... since Kiper led us to believe there is NO trade for Samuels in the works. I agree its fun to speculate all the possible trade options, but at the end of the day I feel much better with a more conservative approach - keeping the players we already have.

Would like to rework Samuels' contract, though.

I think this would be a good draft bc you can figure ramsey wasnt going to start anyway unless brunell gets hurt in which you can figure manning smart enough to handle the position by then...and of course getting wilfork which some have called baby sapp should almost complete our d line

Archived