Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you sick of talking about the '04 draft?

Chrisbob74

Well since it seems that we are going to let our D line suffer again this year:

Mike Patterson, USC, DT: Best combination of hands and feet of any D-linemen in America. He's a relentless, every-snap presence and constantly causing havoc in the middle. Had 7 sacks last year.

David Pollack, Georgia, DE: Great "motor" guy has added strength and should continue to give linemen fits.

Shaun Cody, USC, DT: Finally back at 100 percent, he'll team with Mike Patterson to form the best tackle tandem in America.

Dusty Dvorcek, Oklahoma, NT: One Big 12 O-coordinator says Dvorcek caused more problems for them than Tommie Harris.

Orien Harris, Miami, DT: Great agility and moves (and counter moves) for a 300-pounder. Some teammates thought he was better than Vince Wilfork in '03.

Mario Williams, NC State, DE: Think Julius Peppers, but with more speed. If his intensity level ever matches his talent, he'll be the first-pick overall in the NFL draft.

Rod Wright, Texas, DT: An agile 308-pounder, his numbers may not be as good as they were in '03, but will be counted on to keep linemen off LB Derrick Johnson and keep heat off some good pass-rushing ends.

Justin Tuck, Notre Dame DE: The nation's top returning sackman (averaging 1.13 sacks per game) is part of a gifted ND D-line that will make lots of noise this fall.

Marcus Spears, LSU, DE: Athleticism to be a top-10 pick. Only needs more consistency. Played as well as any DE late in the season.

Anttaj Hawthorne, Wisconsin, DT: A powerhouse, he'll anchor one of the nation's top D-lines. Had 20 TFLs, 75 tackles in '03.

Dan Cody, Oklahoma, DE: More than just a top pass rusher. Made a great return from battling through clinical depression last season and will get even more attention now that Tommie Harris has moved on.

Eric Henderson, Georgia Tech, DE: Led the ACC with 11 sacks and was second with 24 tackles for loss, a Tech single-season record.

Mathias Kiwanuka, Boston College, DE: Budding 6-8, 255-pound star exploded onto the scene with 11.5 sacks. Plays with great leverage and agility and also is fueled by a great work ethic.

Chris Canty, Virginia, DE: Overshadowed by the talented young linebackers, this future pro, an athletic 6-7, 280-pounder, still piled up 110 tackles (tops among all ACC D-linemen.)

Vincent Burns, Kentucky, DE: Utilizes a great first step to cause havoc in SEC backfields. Could be a 15-sack guy this fall.

Baraka Atkins, Miami, DL: A future star with the body type to possibly make the move inside and the athleticism to stay outside, he should be a double-digit sack guy as a sophomore.

Originally posted by Skins26

Oldskool,

Did you realize you threw a WR in there with all those D Linemen.

Hate David Pollack, just hate him, he's not even that good. Hate the guy.

changed it. I get sloppy sometimes cutting and pasting :laugh:

Originally posted by Chrisbob74

Then lets talk about 2005:D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=feldman_bruce&id=1765404

Espn's Top 100 college players for 2005.

Its a good thought Chrisbob, but almost impossible for me. The problem is that more then half these preseason top 100 players will bomb out due to various reasons, like injuries, poor production, etc. And another group of unidentified players will emerge -- especially juniors -- that are not even being hyped right now.

For example, this draft would be pretty weak right now, without so many of the top juniors declaring early. In 2005 we don't have the slightest idea which juniors will emerge and who will declare early.

Then whats the point of getting excited about a top ten pick in 2005, when more then likely the Skins will be picking so low that they cant draft him? And its almost impossible to project in advance with any degree of accuracy, any draft beyond the first 5 or 10 picks.

So its difficult for me to look this far ahead and get excited about any top 10 players, when more then likely the Skins won't be able to draft any of them. Thats why I prefer to look forward to free agency, where at least we have a chance of signing someone. Or is it just me? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by AJWatson3

i am sick of hearing about winslow vs. taylor

but i love talking about the draft. there are hundreds of other players and 31 other teams.

Draft news good.

More winslow vs. taylor bad. :thud:

Originally posted by tex

Draft news good.

More winslow vs. taylor bad. :thud:

We're just jaded with big names......

Also, unconfirmed rumor....the latest high profile signing for the Washington Redksins is Daniel Snyder. He signed himself to a 3 year deal for the NFL veteran minimum. He expects to fill the hole at DT, and become a immediate contributor on Special Teams....:laugh:

Archived