Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Smith's workout #'s!!

frankbones

I'm with ya frankbones 100%. I think Smith is the best D linemean in the draft. The draft Udeze folks have produced nothing to dissuade that. I wouldn't be unhappy if we drafted Udeze, but Will Smith is gonna be an absolutle beast and he does a heck of a lot more than rush the passer.

Originally posted by LaVar 56 Leap

You can throw around these numbers any day. When it comes down to it, your play on the field is what really matters. Smith had a grand total of 4 sacks last season. Udeze, well he that 4 times that many. We can't focus too much on the numbers, when the only thing that really matters in production. I'll still take Udeze over Smith.

Will Smith had 10.5 sacks last year not 4! :doh:

Originally posted by LaVar 56 Leap

You can throw around these numbers any day. When it comes down to it, your play on the field is what really matters. Smith had a grand total of 4 sacks last season. Udeze, well he that 4 times that many. We can't focus too much on the numbers, when the only thing that really matters in production. I'll still take Udeze over Smith.

Try 11.5 sacks smart guy

Originally posted by CryMeaRiverRamsey

Those are pretty sweet numbers.. but I'm a little concerned with his size and sack totals for the season.

That other guy at the workout though... Carlton Banks. I heard he ran a 4.4 forty and has a 42 inch vertical. We should draft him to play safety instead of that Taylor kid.

Wow, you sure sound like you know a lot about football:doh:

11.5 sacks people

24 Tackles for a loss

AND HE WAS USED IN COVERAGE ALOT OF THE TIME

Will Smith is going to better then Udeze. He played against better lines and he was very good against the run. They used him a lot in coverage as well. The other point is unlike USC the OSU was never in the position there the other team had to throw the ball the entire game. This helped out Udeze so much because he just had to go after the qb most of the time.

Originally posted by Ghost of LeBuster Jenkins

OSU's site says 10.5 sacks and 20 TFL.

Just to be a stickler.

Oh who asked you:silly:

I don't think those #'s include the Fiesta Bowl, because I read 11.5 and 24 somewhere yesterday. You should of seen him bodyslam Sproles that game.

Apparently that was his only play---the statline from the Fiesta reads

Smith,Will 1 1 2

1 tack, 1 assist--2 total tackles.

No TFL, sacks, FF, etc.

Against Michigan, 1 pass breakup and 1 assist. THat's it.

Now that's this year, I know he made plays in the Nat Championship game.

Archived