Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN EXPECTS CHARGERS TO CAN RILEY

Chief skin

At one point the Chargers were 5-2 and the Redskins were 2-5.

Now the Redskins are 7-8 and the Chargers are still stuck at 5 wins, 5-11.

Guess this is an example of the old adage that he who laughs last, laughs best. smile.gif

Think Norv remembers that smile from Week 1 now?

Guest fuji869

Norv back in Dallas where he belongs? I just hope that he doesn't come back to kick us in the @ss. I could see that adding fuel the fire for Dallas for Redskins Week.

If Norv does become the Cowboy Head Coach I am sure the Redskins Fans will give him a nice warm reception when he returns to D.C. hammer.gif

[edited.gif by fuji869 on December 31, 2001.]

for what he was given to work with (ie a rookie starting qb and no #1 picks for the past two years) Dave Campo has done a nice job of getting his players to compete week in and week out.

where they have been beaten it is usually because of superior talent not effort.

that to me is a big reason why Dallas beat the Redskins twice. they simply surprised the Redskins by competing as hard as they did.

if Jones fires Campo and then hires Norv to coach a team full of young, impressionable players it will be his undoing.

Norv is way too hands off to manage 53 players. He is best suited to managing gameplans for the 11 starters on his offense and leaving the discipline and personnel chores to someone with greater focus.

This hasn't really been that bad a year for the Chargers. They improved their win total by at least 4 games over last year, and picked up two future stars in Tomlinson and Brees. In fact, I think Brees should have started the last two games to get him some experience. They really need to pick up some o line help in this years draft.

Who will the Chargers pick up to replace Riley?. If Tampa drops Dungy after they lose in the first round of the playoffs, I expect San Diego to pick him up immediately. Dungy at head coach with Norv as the offensive coordinator would be a dangerous combination.

------------------

If you can't be good, be good at it.

Archived