Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Pittsburgh Steelers

Brave

These guys are looking good. The two biggest reasons: The resurgence of Stewart and the emergence of Burress. They are becoming a combo to be reckoned with (as their two TDs in the 1st quarter today show).

I will have to hand it to both Stewart and Cowher. I thought they were going down together a couple of years ago but they both stuck to their guns facing hostility in their own house and now they seem to be the better for it. I always liked cowher but I could never figure out why he stayed with Stewart for so long. Maybe he knew something we didn't.

Plaxico Burress, after being written off by some as a bust after a tough rookie year, is becoming a real threat. Better routes, better hands and a good play-maker. A co-worker who went to MSU swears he's a punk in the Moss mode, but his play speaks for itself the second half of this season.

That was dumb to call a first year player a bust.

Now you have to assume that a dedicated offseason from Grdner will help him to have a better 2nd year as Plaxico did.

Kordell finally has an OC who has a style simiar to C Gailey

And don't forget the O Line woes have been fixed by Grimm

------------------

Take A Sip of the Marty KoolAid and Believe.

I think I jinxed them. Looks like they let Cincy come back and beat them.

Does Kris Brown miss a lot of extra points or what?

Well, not so fast. Now Cincy misses the extra point to win. Very strange game which looks like it will go into OT. could finish a tie if the kickers have anything to do with it.

[edited.gif by Brave on December 30, 2001.]

They fixed the offensive line, Burress has a year of experience, they drafted very, very well (Kendrell Bell will be a star for years), and they have a killer running attack. Add to that one of the best coaches in the game.

It is amazing how well the Steelers do when they lose guys like Kirkland every year.

The Steelers play hard each week, win or lose. They have under Cowher each season. Where the Redskins have had ample cash to keep their best players and acquire others, the Steelers are constantly conscious of the need to make every draft choice count because they depend on getting the cheaper talent to remain competitive.

Even with the nonplayoff finishes in 1999 and 2000 you didn't see the Steelers suffer the type of 0-5 meltdown you saw from the Redskins in 2001 where players didn't show up to play.

And bottom line, that is why I don't have a good feeling now about Schottenheimer.

Value is about getting more from less. In the case of the 2000 Redskins and the new 2001 version under Marty, we have gotten less out of more. frown.gif

Not a pleasant state of affairs.

Archived