Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrington on NY ESPN Radio

Originally posted by Cskin

I think a large part of the problem with Redskin teams from the past decade is the inordinate amount of "chiefs" and lack of "indians". I essentially take the paraphrase ..." if I were running the show" and add it to his comments weeks ago about wanting a larger say in who the Redskins bring to the team in terms of character and heart are INDICATIONS that Lavar thinks he's bigger than the team.

I wouldn't even have a problem with the above comments if Lavar led by example and played similar to the franchise LB (Read Ray Lewis) he thinks of himself. The fact is.... he doesn't. Alot of his notoriety is based on reputation and draft position and not results on the field.

Finally, I know for darn sure I don't want the perceived "defensive" leader running his mouth when he's the direct reason why we lost 2-3 games last year due to his freelancing. What I do want him to do is learn his assignments, play to the scheme, and make the plays he's supposed to make. Not the occasional ESPN highlight hit, or the personal foul on the sidelines, the piling on at the end of plays. THE TACKLES IN THE HOLE... IN THE FLATS.... THE ONES THAT INCLUDE FUNDAMENTALS SUCH AS LEADING WITH HIS SHOULDER WITH HIS HEAD UP.... AND WRAPPING UP LIKE MOST FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND LINEBACKERS ARE SUPPOSED TO PLAY THE GAME. Any questions?

Wow you sound pretty upset with Lavar did he cost you any money last season? Anyway Lavar didn't lose those games by his self everyone played a part from him to the D Coordinator. They blew leads late in the 4th not Lavar alone. This guy is a beast I would take 10 other players like him on defensive for sure & as far as his comments go I don't see anything wrong with them.:laugh:

Considering that LaVar just got duped out of $6.5 million, I think we should be grateful he didn't blast Snyder for suckering him and that he's going to show up everyday and play hard. That's a lot more than any of us can say for most on this football team

Cskin, Lavar and Champ are recognized league wide as elite players. Of course they still make some bad plays, even some bone head plays.

I'll give you that Lavar's freelancing did cost us at times. And that he was given the go ahead by Edwards to freelance, was a mistake influenced directly by Lavar and some of the attitude that you suggest is evident.

Lavar said he would rush the passer from the DE position if thats what Edwards thought would help the team. This only after Lavar's complaints that he did not like to be used in that manner. Again evidence that would suggest that Lavar believes he is a special player.

So yes there is some merit to your arguments. However your first STFU post simply comes across as a misguided cheap shot. And the second an over exagerated rant, you say, "generalizing", I say, "exagerated."

Lavar is in my mind the UNQUESTIONED leader of the defense. Who called out his own teammates for laughing and joking after a loss? It was Lavar. I'm thankful he did not STFU.

Archived