Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In light of the portis/bailey trade, does anyone know what the jets' would propose?

Taco Bell

Yeah, Clayton didn't say how many picks he just said "picks". He also said that maybe they would ship Lamont Jordan and some picks to the Skins for Champ. I still wouldn't send Champ packing for less than a first and a second.

Even if the Jets deal falls through, I've got a value problem with trading Champ and a #2 for Portis.

Heck, just trade Champ to Detroit for their #1 and trade our #1 for New England's two first round picks and then send one of NE's firsts and our #2 to Denver. Its still a #1 and #2.

Originally posted by daREDSKINS56

Clayton made it seem like the jets would do almost anything to get bailey so I'm curious as to what theyd give... maybe they would give us the 3 picks or 2 picks and a player that we initially wanted

I haven't seen anything specific yet from a reliable source.

But DE John Abraham might be available as his contract is up after 2004 and there was speculation he might be moved to LB.

If we got John Abraham for Bailey and say their #1 pick (#12) and then traded their #1 pick and our #2 pick to Denver for Portis it looks like this:

RB Clinton Portis (all pro) - minus Champ Bailey

DE John Abraham (all pro acquired for only our #2 pick)

Really helps out the DL. :)

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

I haven't seen anything specific yet from a reliable source.

But DE John Abraham might be available as his contract is up after 2004 and there was speculation he might be moved to LB.

If we got John Abraham for Bailey and say their #1 pick (#12) and then traded their #1 pick and our #2 pick to Denver for Portis it looks like this:

RB Clinton Portis (all pro) - minus Champ Bailey

DE John Abraham (all pro acquired for only our #2 pick)

Really helps out the DL. :)

That would be sweet :)

Archived