Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

gibbs short timer

bsmsss

he will not coach more then 3-4 yrs

his health isnt great

diabetes causes many complications reguardless of type 2 or type 1

some of the medication for type 2 such as avandia,glucophage,actos etc are long acting meds--if you dont eat your sugar cold bottom out

insulin is usually regulated pretty well these days because of an insulin pump--but mainting a diet is a must or you can expeience hypoglycemia or hyper

as for joe i dont know what type he has --but in any event diabetes is diabetes

yes stress can effect the sugar --so dont under estimate stress as a cause of this problem to day

he will more then likely have CAD,renal problems,eye problems,PVD,neurophaty etc etc etc--diabetes takes its toll over the yrs

because of this expect the skins to sign vets to win right now

his health will cause him to quit again within 4 yrs

look, the guy is 63 years old! :laugh:

even if he were perfectly healthy, he has a limited time horizon :)

so does Parcells and Vermeil...........

we all knew that going in.

remember that Parcells has already had severe heart problems and I believe a triple bypass operation.

anyone that thinks Gibbs is going to be around until he is 76 like Joe Pa at Penn St. better f***ing wake up.

Glad to see the optimism here.

Snyder BETTER make sure Gibbs is taken care of!!! He should hire personal servants for him to go buy food for him and other stuff, so Gibbs can remain healthy when he is coaching and when he's done, because head coaching takes it out of him.

Originally posted by bsmsss

he will not coach more then 3-4 yrs

his health isnt great

diabetes causes many complications reguardless of type 2 or type 1

some of the medication for type 2 such as avandia,glucophage,actos etc are long acting meds--if you dont eat your sugar cold bottom out

insulin is usually regulated pretty well these days because of an insulin pump--but mainting a diet is a must or you can expeience hypoglycemia or hyper

as for joe i dont know what type he has --but in any event diabetes is diabetes

yes stress can effect the sugar --so dont under estimate stress as a cause of this problem to day

he will more then likely have CAD,renal problems,eye problems,PVD,neurophaty etc etc etc--diabetes takes its toll over the yrs

because of this expect the skins to sign vets to win right now

his health will cause him to quit again within 4 yrs

Now, are you proud of yourself?:doh:

Originally posted by gstahl

Didn't some other coach have like quad bypass? BTW, where was your medical degree from again?

I'll venture a guess - University of Phoenix: ONLINE. Apparently he has done a physical on Coach Gibbs as well.

Lotta people got the diabetes. If he is taken care of , he will be fine, I pray. He doesn't have heart problems like Parcells.

Originally posted by Hogwash

What did George Allan die of? How old was he?

I don't remember how old he was. Wasn't he coaching at Long Beach State? He got the Gatorade shower after a game, developed pneumonia and died if I remember correctly. If I have time, I'll verify this later.

Wishing all the best to Coach Gibbs.

Edit: Verified.

Coach Allen died at 72 on Dec. 31, 1990. Long Beach State dropped their football program after his death. He was the only NFL head coach with more than 10 years experience to never have a losing season.

i got my info because i slept in a holiday inn express last pm--just kidding--i am a family physician from pa

i know you can live a normal life with diabetes-most people do--but coaching in the nfl isnt considered normal life is it??/

i am not saying joe will have problems but everyone isnt the same and the stress of the nfl got him once i hope it doesnt do it again-i pray the nfl doesnt take a toll on him again

brett

Originally posted by bsmsss

i got my info because i slept in a holiday inn express last pm--just kidding--i am a family physician from pa

i know you can live a normal life with diabetes-most people do--but coaching in the nfl isnt considered normal life is it??/

i am not saying joe will have problems but everyone isnt the same and the stress of the nfl got him once i hope it doesnt do it again-i pray the nfl doesnt take a toll on him again

brett

Brett,

You need to watch the acronyms man, most laypeople dont have a clue what PVD and CAD are. Bedside manner means using terminology that your patients can comprehend.

Also, it wasnt the stress of the NFL that 'got Joe' in 1993, it was the lack of time with his family and kids.

No one knows how any disease will affect an individual. Lets keep the talk of diabetic complications to those things that are less speculative with respect to Gibb's health.

Thanks.

Archived