Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The real reason Brunnell is coming to D.C.

Lavarleap56

Alright how quickly everyone forgets that Joe Gibbs was a minority owner in the Falcons last season and witnessed first hand how a season can turn for the worst if your starting QB qoes down for the count. The Falcons and the Jets had their season ended before they began in preseason and Joe Gibbs was watching.

After reading all the information that is on this board i have come to the conclusion that Gibbs going after Brunell is more of a indication of not being comfortable with Haselbeck and not Ramsey!! We as fans have been screaming for years that we need a real coach in D.C. AND NOW WE HAVE THE Coach back in D.C. and the first move he is attempting to make to better this team and fans are jumping all over it.

TRUST JOE JACKSON GIBBS folks!! Brunell coming to D.C. is good for Ramsey and it will push him to excel as well as accelerate the learning curve for the young Q.B. by being able to learn from a REAL nfl q.b. not a guy named R.Johnson or D.w. and if the unforseen happens and Ramsey goes down then the team wont quit and think the season is over because their is a established pro bowl QB ready to step in and lead the team.

Gibbs knows what he is doing so just calm down and watch everything come together as the Redskins return to greatness.

Two things intrigue me about the brunell situation. One and this may be irrelevant but he's a left hander...

Secondly, the next superbowl is in Jacksonsville and so Brunell's desire to be with a contender may be has an extra edge i.e. to return to the city as a Superbowl bound quarterback. Why Washington then? :) I suppose I can only conclude that the potential working relationship with Gibbs and his staff are a bigger factor in any decision

Griese is a bum.

Brunell has proven he can play at a high level consistently and that sets him apart from anyone we have had here in 3 or 4 years.

Ramsey sitting in 2004 and learning a pro offense under Gibbs with Brunell as the starter is hardly the worst outcome we could have folks :)

Archived