Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Sean Taylor thread!!

Chrisbob74

I have to say, Taylor has his supporters both here and over at CPND, a lot of people are really high on him.

Now, I'm more for drafting a DL men at all cost, but probably by trading down seeing as no one seems really worth the 5th overall at that position. Taylor gives us that chance to trade down as he is a guy a lot of teams would be willing to trade up for and if teams get into a bidding war with us for the pick we could gain more than the pick is worth if you get my meaning.

My main concern is that the Giants pick at #4 and they could well select Taylor or attract teams to trade with them.

My point (in a long winded way!) is this, if the Giants either trade away the pick or draft Taylor are we going to be stuck with the 5th overall and find it increasing differcult to trade down. Ok, if Fitzgerald or Winslow are still on the board we may find a team willing to move up still but I feel Taylor s the guy most teams will want to trade up for (I can't honestly see Fitzgerald going past the Raiders) and if we have our heart set on moving we may be forced to pick a player we didn't want to select so high, hence, overpaying him as he will demand money in accordance with where he is drafted!

We should still be able to trade down at #5 even if the Giants (or any of the other top 4 teams) screw us. There are still a lot of good players to be had because you have to figure out of the list of Manning, Rothlisburger, Fitzgerald, or Williams, one of them will still be there as trade bait for the Skins.

Either we pick Taylor or we move down--even if both Fitzgerald and Winslow are available. No more recievers!! I dont care how good Fitzgerald is, we ve used our first draft choice on Gardner, Coles and then Jacobs in the second round. We have other needs.

Theoretically this should apply to Winslow too, he's just a big reciever who runs his patterns from the TE position.

even if taylor goes, teams will trade for a QB (miami-oh), or roy williams. i say trade down regardless. we need some young studs on the D-line. it would be stupid to address the d-line in FA cuz typically D-linemen are the most expensive. haven't we learned our lesson in the past with stubblefield, bruce smith and BDW. they are too expensive, and signing a FA is only a short term solution. we need long term solutions on the Dline.

Archived