Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UK "Hogfest" tomorrow night

Chrisbob74

I've mentioned it a few times before, but the Redskins UK Supporters Club celebrates 20 years of existance tomorrow night with a Super Bowl party

The Redskins were the dominant team when Football was first being shown here, and with the return of Joe Gibbs, we all feel those good times will return and very soon

Here's to Redskins fans everywhere and hope you all enjoy the Super Bowl tomorrow night, hopefully, it isn't too long until our Redskins are back there where they belong.

Party on

:cheers: :40oz: :pint:

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Here's to our mates on the other side of the pond :cheers:

How many of you are there? And what passes for Super Bowl Sunday fare over there? And is the game broadcast for all Brits to see? And do you drink your beer cold, or at room temp.

I have a lot of questions. You guys ought to fly over for Hogfest stateside this year. Best trip you'll ever make! Have a great time tomorrow.

Well now how cool :cool: is that? Sounds like one I'd like to be at. Though that could be the 3 day hangover in the making, (damned Ale). You all have a good time with that and have a few for us over here, (being that you'll be starting a little earlier than some of us :pint:;) ). UK Hogfest. Skins fans. That's way to damn cool. :)rocker.gifband.gif

:cheers:

About 100+ will be there, the fan club has 200+ members, it was higher a few years back but a combination of the last few years and the internet being available for information has effected numbers.

The 'Skins are perhaps the most popular team amongst UK fans, along with the Dophins and Bears.

The Super Bowl is shown live here, starts at 11pm UK time so earlier in the evening will be made up of watching past Redskins glory via videotape.

I have my beer cold, the warm beer thing is very "countryside".lol.

One day I will get over to the real thing in the US, believe me!

Chrisbob,

How are you able to follow the Redskins that much, being that you are across the pond? I live in California and the Skins are not even on TV or in the newspapers that much out here?

I mean the last couple years we have seen improvements in computers, cable TV and the creation of Extremeskin for example, but that has only been a fairly recent improvement.

1 - Do you get that much information in Liverpool about the Redskins?

2 - Are you able to buy American football magazines over there on the newstands in the summer for example?

3 - How many Redskins football games do they televise over there each season?

Well, with the internet now it is easier to keep up with all the goings on and of course, these forums really help too. The Fan Club produces a fanzine with all updated info as well.

There is a magazine called First Down which is a weekly newspaper which is devoted to the NFL and NFLE, it also features college news and "Britball" news.

Years back, we never got live games, except for the championship games and the SuperBowl, just extended highlights of a couple of games every week, now, we get two live games every Sunday, plus the Sunday night game once the baseball season has finished (the channel that shows it covers baseball on a Sunday nights 'til sfter the world series) and then we get the monday night game shown in full on 24 hour delay (Tuesday nights).

Of course, the 'Skins aren't on live every wek so I listen via the internet to the games which aren't shown live but channels that cover football here do have a weekly "highlights" show, so we see all the key moments from the games, etc.

We get on live more if the team is doing well, this year we were on live vs the Jets (Week 1), Giants (Week 3), Bills (Week 7), Dolphins (Week 11 was it?).

All the play-off games are shown live now as well.

Here's hoping for next year. There are some sorcues for live games via videotape that some fans use as well.

hi chrisbob,

hope you have a great time tomorrow,im also a member of the supporters club and was hoping to come but my wife is due to give birth anyday so bit busy down here tho!!!

hopefully next year we,ll be having a party because the skins are in the superbowl!!! be rootin for number 48 for mvp tho.

Hi Chrisbob

I see you're a rednose. I would have liked to go to Stratford upon Avon for the UK Supporters' do but with work and family commitments couldn't make it.

Which part of Liverpool are you from? I live near Penny Lane. Ex-student who decided to stay rather than scouser as such

Ian, I'm in Bootle....bout 8-10 miles from your part of the world.

Yep, the meeting is in Shakespearce country, not a culture vulture myself, just happens that the guy who is organising it is from there and it is in central england, only an hour or so from London, not to far from the North.

Archived