Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So Who is this Udeze Guy?

Ignatius J.

I got nothing. Just a question.

I'm squarely in the taylor camp right now, but I'm not ashamed to admit that my position could change in the blink of an eye. (It only took the blink of an eye to make me do an about face on my love for Denny Green :) )

Taylor has been compared to Ronny Lott. Can someone tell me where Udeze has been compared to Bruce Smith, or hell, even julius peppers?

Why are so many enamored with this guy? Or is ASF right, is it all just a shot in the dark knowing something must be done about our d-line?

This thread is for you to tell me why this guy deserves the shot. Is he likely to run a 4.35 fourty? Can he do 300 reps? Who is this guy?

-DB

He plays DE and lead the nation in sacks with 16.5 he's fast and strong. He's a playmaker and the best player on a D-line that will send the other 3 to the NFL also. I'm a big USC fan and wanted him to stay for his senior year but he can play and he's good. He can help us in the area where help is needed most the D-line. Taylor is a playmaker also but I think we need more help on the D-line then in our D backfield.

yes I am a UCLA fan, but I didn't get to see much of the USC UCLA game since we completely clobbered and I couldn't take it.....

But a good showing against UCLA doesn't count for much in my book. I know he can play, but is he top 5 good? that's what I am not convinced of.

Actually, I am not in pasadena, and am currently atteniding UCLA for my PhD, so that's why I think we need to take dave ball in the second.... (or is it matt that's the good one?)

:)

-DB

Please Jay He's not that great, Sean Coady was the Best of that group! Draft KW2 or Taylor with the 5th pick.Betts will be alright as running back next year, just as long as we got Bugal Coaching the O-Line will be alright WE Will get production!!! Just imagine what we could do KW2. Play action over the middle..... Coles,Gardner,McCants Just like old days Clark,Monk,Sanders Dont worry about the running game it will be fine. We have some good O-line Men They will be much better next year with Gibbs then with Spurrier.They Won't have to adjust to all them bull **** change of plays at the line of scrimmage!!! They will be moving forward playing smash mouth football THE RUN WILL SET UP THE PASS!!!!! It won't matter who's running behind are O-LINE just as long as he runs north and south!!! Sleeper take DE Ball from UCLA in the 2nd Round was just as productive as your kid from USC But with out all the the talent around him!!!!

Originally posted by Norwalk CA. Skins Fan

Please Jay He's not that great, Sean Coady was the Best of that group! Draft KW2 or Taylor with the 5th pick.Betts will be alright as running back next year, just as long as we got Bugal Coaching the O-Line will be alright WE Will get production!!! Just imagine what we could do KW2. Play action over the middle..... Coles,Gardner,McCants Just like old days Clark,Monk,Sanders Dont worry about the running game it will be fine. We have some good O-line Men They will be much better next year with Gibbs then with Spurrier.They Won't have to adjust to all them bull **** change of plays at the line of scrimmage!!! They will be moving forward playing smash mouth football THE RUN WILL SET UP THE PASS!!!!! It won't matter who's running behind are O-LINE just as long as he runs north and south!!! Sleeper take DE Ball from UCLA in the 2nd Round was just as productive as your kid from USC But with out all the the talent around him!!!!

I wish you would do something about your paragraph spacing. You're giving me bug eyes reading your stuff. :yikes: ;)

Originally posted by dcogan1820

He's a natural pass rusher. Very good size, 6'4", 285 lbs, room to grow. He's kinda raw, but he's got all the tools, great quickness and agility, amazing burst off the snap. Very strong and even faster. Like I said, he's the definition of a natural pass rusher. He's got a nose for the ball, and has 5 forced fumbles this season alone, with some ridiculous career total (the number evades me) for fumbles. He also has something like 55 tackles this year, so he's active against the run, too. The has been talk of him moving inside on passing downs, since he's got the size to hold up inside on a limited number of snaps. His athleticism would cause guards to curl up in a fetal position and cry, let alone get him past them :). Overall, I'd love him. We should do this:

These are guys we could target in FA. If we get one from each category, or at least one player (on this wishlist or not) from each position, we'd be good ("<" means I really want him):

-QB: Billy Volek<, Rick Mirer, Todd Bouman

-HB: Corey Dillon (cut), Duce Staley<, Sammy Morris,

Thomas Jones

-FB/H-Back/TE: Obafemi Ayanbadejo, Erron Kinney,

Jim Kleinsasser<

-Center: Damien Woody<, Mike Compton, Brad Meester,

Mike Flynn

-DE: Jevon "The Freak" Kearse< (any guesses towards whether or not I want him?), Grant Wistrom, Bobby Hamilton, etc.

-DT: Keith Traylor, Ted Washington, Robaire Smith<, Corny Griffin<

-OLB: Adalius Thomas<, Dhani Jones, Ian Gold<

-S: Donovin Darius<, Antuan Edwards<, Deon Grant,

Keon Carpenter

I figure we can have Staley and Kearse as our blockbusters, Smith, Woody, Griffin and Kleinsasser as our sub-blockbuster pickups, and a few other small pickups here or there. Then comes the draft (given, I'm not a cap expert, and I'm sure not all of it is possible, this is just a rough conjecture at this point).

After FAs are done, we could then trade our #5 for the Pats #21, #32 (or 31, but probably 32), and a second rounder. We could then trade the 21st pick, the second rounder from the Pats, and a pick next year to move up a few spots in the first round, maybe to the Bills at 13 or the 49ers at 16. Our draft would go like this:

RD1: Kenechi Udeze, DE, USC

RD1: Marcus Tubbs, DT, Texas

RD2: Stu Schweigert, S, Purdue (or Brandon Everage, S, OU)

RD3: Julius Jones, RB, ND

RD5: Sean McHugh, FB/TE/H-Back, PSU

RD7: Andy Lee, P, Pitt

If we upgrade safety enough in FA, then we can use our 2nd rounder on a TE, Center, or a LB. If we upgrade DT enough in FA, then we can use our #32 pick on someone like Ben Troupe or Michael Boulware (could be a safety or LB).

OK, now that I've turned a post about one DE from USC into a battle plan for the offseason, I'd appreciate and comments or suggestions. Don't want to turn this into an Offseason Strategy Thread, so if it becomes that, I'll edit out my post and put it into its own. Either way, tell me what you think. I'd be freakin' ecstatic if it went this way.

You should start a thread with this, otherwise we all go off on many tangents. I'd love to get the players in your draft for the most part, but if we trade down we aint gettin Udeze. :laugh:

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

You should start a thread with this, otherwise we all go off on many tangents. I'd love to get the players in your draft for the most part, but if we trade down we aint gettin Udeze. :laugh:

Most mocks I've seen don't have him going earlier than the top 15-20. If we trade down, then trade back up (if only enough spots to get BKU), it's a possibility- especially with someone as ballsy as the Dan at the helm.

Originally posted by dcogan1820

Most mocks I've seen don't have him going earlier than the top 15-20. If we trade down, then trade back up (if only enough spots to get BKU), it's a possibility- especially with someone as ballsy as the Dan at the helm.

Udeze is moving up the draft boards fast now that he has declared. Below they have the Skins picking him at #5. Of course everything will depend on everyone's 40 time at the combine.

http://www.draftnotebook.com/draft_projection-rd1.htm

What separates Udeze is his work ethic. Udeze grew up with a serious weight problem, and basically discipline himself and trimmed into a lean *solid muscle 285 pounder who has incredible combination of power and speed. He by far was the fastest player and biggest impact player on the D line for the Trojans. He also has a high intelligence and well spoken, but on the field loves to punish Quarterbacks. I love that! It reminds of a Charles Mann, Howie Long type. I guarentee he will be ready right away for the next level.

Archived